• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day - November & December 2017

Beautiful day in Venice today. We checked out the Christmas market at Palazzo Nani Bernardo and enjoyed the garden for a few minutes.

fullsizeoutput_2e39.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2e3a.jpeg

Napa is currently having a Festival of Lights, where many of the downtown buildings display animated light shows on their facades. Some of them are really quite beautiful. Here are a couple of photos, although you can't get anywhere near the full effect without the animated movement.

The first building is a restaurant and offices above, along the river front. The patterns of light on the building are constantly moving and morphing into new displays, sort of like an animated op art. The second is a church, where the colors continually change behind the message of Love.

BasaltRiverfront.jpg
PresbyterianChurch.jpg

Above I posted a couple of pictures from the Napa Lighted Art festival. Pauline has been helping me figure out how to post the Live Photos from my iPhone, which are short videos that show the animation. Here are two examples.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina