• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Photo of the Day - September 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauline

Forums Admin
Late starting this thread and I don't have a photo from today, but here is one from the last Tuesday. A troop of kids walking by the apartment we were in Kandersteg, on their way to a hike.

IMG_2038.JPG

A cell shot through the windshield, but today I drove from Sonoma over the mountain to Napa. The valley was beautiful, and the grapes are just days away from the 2017 crush. Just a wonderful day, albeit Trinity Road over the mountain in a rent-a-car is not for the weak of heart. BTW Roz - I am jealous.

Trinty Road.jpg

Last edited:
A cell shot through the windshield, but today I drove from Sonoma over the mountain to Napa. The valley was beautiful, and the grapes are just days away from the 2017 crush. Just a wonderful day, albeit Trinity Road over the mountain in a rent-a-car is not for the weak of heart. BTW Roz - I am jealous.

Yes, you definitely took the scenic route. We do feel so lucky to live in such a beautiful area -- but I hope you weren't here when we had that awful, very unusual hot spell last week. You should have let me know you'd be in Napa -- maybe we could have gotten together.

Roz, I did catch the last day of the heat, but it was ok for this Virginia boy. The big lightening storm in San Fran was just another summer evening back east. I did have a wonderful time, and my work may be bringing me out that way more often.

Today we headed to Stratford Hall, which is only a few miles from our house, for their annual wine festival. A very enj0yable day, albeit the wines did not equal the ones I enjoyed in Sonoma and Napa. Stratford Hall was the home of two signers of our Declaration of Independence and the birthplace of Robert E Lee. Robert's father went bankrupt and they had to leave the home when he was 4.

Anyone traveling to Virginia should venture off the beaten track and visit this beautiful home and grounds. (They are doing maintenance as you can see the ladder in the window and window trim removed)

SHWO001C.jpg

Roz, I did catch the last day of the heat, but it was ok for this Virginia boy. The big lightening storm in San Fran was just another summer evening back east. I did have a wonderful time, and my work may be bringing me out that way more often.
Yes, it is true that Californians have no idea about REAL heat and humidity. We lived on the East Coast for 50+ years, where we got plenty of both. But when you very rarely have either, and many people don't have A/C, it is a shock.

Do let me know if you come back this way with a little extra time on your hands.

I did not take this photo but wanted to share. This moose was just strolling by my aunt's house (on the left) into her neighbor's yard. A friend of hers took the photo while driving by and sent it to her. My aunt has no idea if she was inside at the time.

IMG_0571.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina