• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Planning a trip to Le Marche this spring

Pauline

Forums Admin
We had such a great trip to Tuscany last June that I want to get back to going to Italy every year, like we used to before we became obsessed with France.

Next year, in May or June, I would like to spend a week at Giulia's Valle Nuova. A few years ago she added apartments to her B&B. It is close to Urbino, which we have visited once on a day trip. We do not know this area. I would appreciate any suggestions of things to do in northern Le Marche. Giulia has some good information on the site but I would like to hear what others suggest.

I would also like to visit Ascoli Piceno (because @Valerie lived there and really likes it), but since it is a 2 hour drive from Valle Nuova, we will probably add on a few extra days there.

Lovely!
The towns I remember visiting (and enjoying) are San Leo (fortress town), Corinaldo, Senigallia (on the water), Urbania.... lots of lovely little towns. And Fermignano (which is the town were Giulia's place actually is, I think) is very nice. A bit further south there's a larger town with some caves, can't remember the name.
I also stayed in Ascoli Piceno for a few days, while Valerie and Bryan lived there. Beautiful city; I didn't do any travelling outside the city because driving into it had sort of traumatized me. ;-)

Yes, don't pass by Ascoli Piceno, Pauline. Very worth a few days there. Lovely mountain setting. Have you ever been to the Garfagnana? I visited there with Heather Jarman, this last trip in September. Loved it! Reminded me a bit of AP.

ciao,
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina