• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Food & Drink Pocket Coffee gelato

BryanS

100+ Posts
IMG_20220722_154541.jpg

For the fans of Pocket Coffee, there is a new way to enjoy it in the summer heat here in Italy - Pocket Coffee gelato!

I noticed these being advertised recently and Valerie found a box at our local grocery store. A box of 4 "mini" for just under 5€. They are rather small but good quality - coffee flavored ice cream with a dark chocolate and crunch coating. A great treat during this summer's ongoing heat wave.

IMG_20220722_153037.jpg

Yes the original pocket coffee is something I've enjoyed from time to time.

Would I have one of these in preference to an artisanal gelato? Probably not, but if there is no convenient gelataria, for sure I'd give them a try.

As an aside, the choc-ice on a stick was reputedly invented in 1939 by Pepino (who are still going) in Torino. It was called Il Pinguino (the penguin) and they still make it.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina