• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Private transfer from FCO to Naples for 1?

misstravelbug

100+ Posts
Hi
my sister in law is coming to Italy to meet up with us next year but she is going on a tour first that starts in Naples. She flies into FCO from Australia on a 28-30 hour flight and she is 61 years old. It will be her first time in Italy and she is travelling by herself. (her tour begins 2 days later in Naples and she is having time in Rome afterwards, so looking to go to Naples directly from the plane)

As she is pretty average :p with directions, and will be very tired from the flight, we are considering booking a private transfer for her. Do you have any recommendations please?
Thanks in advance, MTB

It will be a long drive in a car service (2.5hrs). I would look at other options. But as I write them out, they are all bleak options.

- She could consider taking another flight from Rome to Naples, then a taxi to her hotel.
- Stay in an airport hotel, or a hotel in Rome near the train station, then take the train the next day.
- Instead of a car service, train into Rome then train to Naples.

Your car service option may be the best. Find a car service company based in Rome or Naples.

It will be a long drive in a car service (2.5hrs). I would look at other options. But as I write them out, they are all bleak options.

- She could consider taking another flight from Rome to Naples, then a taxi to her hotel.
- Stay in an airport hotel, or a hotel in Rome near the train station, then take the train the next day.
- Instead of a car service, train into Rome then train to Naples.

Your car service option may be the best. Find a car service company based in Rome or Naples.

Thanks Pauline, I know...totally bleak. The airport hotel may be best if she chooses not to pay for the car service. At 400e it's pretty crazy!

There's also the Fiumicino Express bus, going direct from the airport to Naples several times a day for €19.99.

Oooooh I did not know this...That could be a wonderful option. She just does not want to have to think once off the plane as her total travel time will have been over 30 hours. I totally understand that too, which is why we always book cars when arriving from a long haul flight.

I will check out both options, thank you both so much.

Thanks Pauline, I know...totally bleak. The airport hotel may be best if she chooses not to pay for the car service. At 400e it's pretty crazy!

Oooooh I did not know this...That could be a wonderful option. She just does not want to have to think once off the plane as her total travel time will have been over 30 hours. I totally understand that too, which is why we always book cars when arriving from a long haul flight.

I will check out both options, thank you both so much.
That's exactly what I'm going to do after flying in from Melbourne. I know I'll be less than alert, and this is just perfect!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina