• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Quiz 13 - Trivia is Back

Colo

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
It has been many a moon since we have had a quiz! So why not dust of the olde brain cells and enjoy some European Trivia! Grade yourself – 10 points per question. If you get all 10 right – Pour yourself a green beer on Saturday!

1)
- ORY and PSA

2)
– 8th arrondissement

3)
– the Rhine

4)
– C. Pigato

5)
– Lake Lugano

6)
– FC Twente

7)
– The carpet is Red in Vienna State Opera House

8)
–A fustibal or staff sling (a leather strap)

9)
– The Royal Standard (the Union Jack when she is away)

And of course… since St Patrick’s Day is at hand

10)
– all the snakes in Ireland

Last edited:
An excellent quiz, sadly not matched by excellent answers from me :facepalm:

Be honest Ian you purposely missed some because you really did not want any green beer tomorrow.
Now Vinho Verde that is another story...

I went back and numbered the questions. Curious how many questions folks got right and what questions folks missed. All in fun - No Judgement :)

4, 6 and 9 right
I recalled 8 and 10 once I saw the answer
I could have guessed 3, but didn't

Curiously (for me) the only one I knew off the top of my head (apart from the British and Irish ones) is the Enschede football team. But then, I don't really know Italy at all.

Patrick,

I use to work in Henglo, NL and FC Twente was "the team"

When I chose the questions I knew all the answers so it was not like I was trying to stump folks.

Thanks for playing along.

Hi Colo
I always enjoy your quizzes, even if my knowledge/ability doesn't do them justice :oops:

Thanks Ian!

There as some great quizzes in the past that you created. Does not appear to be the same level of interest as there used to be on the board for trivia quizzes. No worries when I have a few minutes I will do one or feel free jump in.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina