• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Recommended Hotels in Paris?

Pauline

Forums Admin
A friend of mine is traveling to Paris in August, just for a few nights, and wanted a recommendation of a well-priced and good hotel. He would like to be near the Marais.

In September 2012 we stayed at Hotel Castex for 3 nights. We paid €175/night. The location is good - at the edge of the Marais - but the hotel was not really charming and the rooms were small (we have been in much smaller rooms - so this is not really a fair complaint). It worked well for us because we were visiting with friends staying nearby in a vacation rental. I found a few more interesting hotels nearby, but they were booked.

I do recommend Hotel Castex. The room was comfortable, desk staff were helpful and nice, the street was quiet.

Post about your Paris Hotel experiences. Upload a photo. I hope to return to Paris soon and would like some recommendations. Plus my friend also needs some recommendations.

Room at Hotel Castex. We had one window on the other side of the bed.

paris-castex-edit-.jpg

View from room. It is a quiet street, on the eastern edge of the Marais.

paris-castex-2585.jpg

I love the hotel Jeanne-d'Arc on rue Jarente, for the outside, the lovely little square Place Ste Catherine, and the extreme nearness to Place des Vosges, and also the charming interior. And the price !

Former Hotel Lyon-Mulhouse, at 8, Blvd. Beaumarchais (place Bastille) changed its name to the not so original name of "Hotel Original". As Lyon-Mulhouse was very positively reviewed by friends who stayed there in 2010. Prices seem very reasonable, location is good too.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina