• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Región de Murcia

Tina

100+ Posts
Hi, I'm planning a trip along the east coast of Spain this year from mid September to end October and am looking for a pleasant place on the coast which could be a good base for about a week of relaxation and walking combined with visiting Murcia and Cartagena, and perhaps Elche although we could stop just there on the way back so not essential.The Calblanque area also looks good for hiking. Has anyone visited this area?

Ideal beach for me, a poor swimmer who likes the sea, is sand and water which shelves gently, but also good for long walks because we don't actually sit and sunbathe usually.

We should be there mid/end September and will be driving. I found what seems a very nice campsite right on the beach at La Roqueta near Guardamar del Segura, has anyone visited that area, impressions, opinions?
Other destinations could be Isla Plana? Any thoughts on that? A lot nearer to Murcia and Cartagena but I can't really make out what the beach is like?
I'm not really attracted by the Manga strip and Mar Menor, or am I wrong in that?
Any other ideas as to a good base in the area?
Thanks!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina