• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Restaurant recs

jan

100+ Posts
Hi,
We will be in Lisbon and Porto each for 4 nights and are looking forward to the Time Out Market.
Are there any favorite lunch or dinner places you can recommend?
I would love to go to Bel Canto but it's out of our price range.

I would love to go to Belconto also, but it’s also out of my price range!
José Avilez has several other restaurants in Lisbon and one in Porto. His Bairro do Avilez is quite nice and is much more reasonable in cost. You can google his name for all his restaurants.
If the weather is nice, take the ferry across the Tejo to Calcilhas. When you get off the ferry, turn right and walk down the river about 10-15 minutes. Ponto Final has the most wonderful view back over to Lisbon and the seafood is very good. It’s also not really on the tourist track.
In Belem, Enoteca de Belem is very nice.
The Time Out Magazine has good recommendations. And, if you go to the Time Out Market (which you should), get there about noon or wait until after 3:30 for lunch as it gets very crowded.
In Porto, the Taste Porto Food Tours are very good. And, take the metro or bus to Matosinhos for great grilled fish.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina