• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Returning to Italy 21 March for 2+ Months

SuzanneT

10+ Posts
Hi all, I am a grateful retired senior who at 72 can hardly wait to return to Italy to experience my favorite things (especially Donatello, Bernini, frescos and architecture) and try new places as well. I start with 2 weeks in Florence (21 March thru Easter), then 2 weeks in Rome, 10 days in Naples, perhaps an island or two, then up to Padua as a hub for a few weeks. The only part I have planned are apartment rentals in good locations in Florence and Rome. After that is open.

I love to wander and it's a real luxury to have this much time (2 1/2 months) . I rarely meet anyone my age on the road anymore, especially not women. So I would love to hook up for lunch or a day trip if our paths cross. Lastly, I live in Cuenca, Ecuador (used to live and work in San Francisco) and I wander South America and love it. So now I'm brushing up on Italian and it's really running havoc with my Spanish! lol As we did at Slow Travel, I look forward to learning from your experiences and share mine.
Aren't we a fortunate lot that we get to wander this beautiful planet!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina