• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Returning transplant from ST

Letha

10+ Posts
Letha Saldanha from California here. Had signed up here a while ago and then forgotten about it....hope to make this a more regular part of my travel reading/browsing/writing diet now. Leaving for India for 4 weeks next week and then to a new area of France for two weeks on our way back...massif des bauges.

Nice to see some old familiar names ....some of you have been on the grid on FB...

Hi Letha, welcome! Maybe we'll see each other in the Bay Area sometime soon. Meanwhile, happy travel adventures!

Thank You Kathy and Cubbies--in fact it was Kathy's reminder on FB yesterday that jogged my memory. Will certainly try to be more active here especially after seeing many familiar names.

Not sure India fits into sloweurope ;) but I will start a new thread under 'other countries' especially because this time we are doing a mix of family visits and being a 'tourist' in Mumbai, Goa, Kerala and Delhi. I am going back after five years and for the first time since Oscar's Aunt who always wanted us to spend all our time with her (and we loved her) passed away last year--she was the last of the older generation from our families. So now it is friends and siblings so we are doing some Air B&Bs. In Goa we found this Air B&B that turned out to be on the same lane as Oscar's family house about 2 minutes walk down the lane; it has been renovated by an Australian who visited the village and never left and he rents it out when he goes back to Australia.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12315692?s=PqBH0w2g

Will start a new thread under France for our Massif des Bauges adventures. Our friend from Nice bought the family farm that she grew up in. It its still very rustic and that is where we will be for a couple of days After that we will head down to Tourrettes-sur-Loup and finally fly out of Nice.

Vicogirl - waving to you from the West coast! I remember our time in and around Bagni di Lucca with fond memories...would you believe little Tessa is now almost 13? Time flies!

Vicogirl - waving to you from the West coast! I remember our time in and around Bagni di Lucca with fond memories...would you believe little Tessa is now almost 13? Time flies!
OMG that's how long ago it was! Wasn't she 5 at the time? Time doesn't stand still for any of us! I am headed back late May and now spend 2 months there and go back again in Sept for another 2 months. Our time overlaps with Alpinista and his wife who are close by so actually it's thanks to ST we met great friends! I see familar names here.

OMG that's how long ago it was! Wasn't she 5 at the time? Time doesn't stand still for any of us! I am headed back late May and now spend 2 months there and go back again in Sept for another 2 months. Our time overlaps with Alpinista and his wife who are close by so actually it's thanks to ST we met great friends! I see familar names here.

Yes, it is good to see some familar posters here! And we met in Italy in 2009 -- Tessa was only 4.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina