• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Reykjavik

SMJ

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
Has anyone been to Iceland in early December?
I'm stopping over there for 4 days as past of Icelandair's stopover promotion fare to Europe.
I wondered just how cold it really will be, as it looks like it's comparable to a cold winter day here on the W. Coast of Canada, or is that just optimistic?
I really don't mind, and at least I have tons of winter clothes.
I guess any chance of a GTG is out of the question?!!! :)

Many moons ago when I was service, I left North Carolina on a June day - it was sunny and hot pushing 100 F and flew to the Azores where it was cloudy and in the low 70s upper 60s. The next day we flew from the Azores to Keflavik, Iceland and we landed it was a freezing rain in the upper 30s. A lot of change in 3 days!

In early December you should find it in the 30s F, but it is a damp cold, and as you know, if the wind is blowing it feels much colder and cuts through you.. I am sure you will be well prepared coming from western Canada.

Yes, a friend and I were there in late November/early December a couple of years ago. We are from San Francisco area. We loved it! Occasional flurries, and on the day we booked a shuttle bus tour of the Golden Circle, we had pristine snow from their first real snow of the season. Magical! Of course, different every year. Our big disappointment was failing to see the Northern Lights. "Conditions weren't right." We were fine with winterish coats and multiple layers. Did get snow boots, happily.

Thanks!
I've got plenty clothes for our damp cold winters here, so I'll be fine! I love winter!
I do hope to see the N. Lights.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina