• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome Rome, apartment in city 1 bedroom/1+bath

Heidi

100+ Posts
I rented Campo dei Fiori Terrace apartment in Roma in May 2014. I rented through Airbnb, a first for me. I first set-up an account, giving my credit card information, to be accepted. I then started a dialogue with the owner, Nadia and decided to rent. The transaction is in $$$, so there were no foreign transaction fees. The owner receives my rental fee only after I have arrived. it was an easy process.

Following is my review from the web site:

I had a wonderful three+ week stay in Nadiia's lovely Campo dei Fiori Terrace apartment. I loved it from the moment I ducked through the small door cut into the huge medieval street door on via dei Chiavari. The atmosphere of the old convent prevails in the entry to the building and the stone staircase. Of course, there is an elevator for your convenience.

Nadia's apartment is beautifully restored and tastefully decorated, with great attention to detail, from the quality of the glasses/dishes, furnishings, bathroom tiles, bed linens to the strong WiFi, more than generous bedroom closets, lovely terra cotta floors...

I loved the light streaming through the windows facing the terrace and appreciated the roll down shades for privacy and light control for the hottest part of the day. The bedroom balcony doors lead to a long balcony, with hanging flower pots and the washing machine in it's little sheltered shed.

Though the kitchen is small, it is perfectly set-up with a combo oven/microwave, cook top and dish washer. I prepared several meals in that compact but practical space.

The location of the apartment, on via dei Chiavari, couldn't be more central for touring Roma. If you are a walker, it is ideal, as you are in the center of centro storico! I took advantage of early morning walks to visit/re-visit heavily touristed sites - St. Peter's Basilica, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Aventine hill to view St Peter's through the keyhole, Pantheon, meander through Trastevere, etc. - before the hordes descended. Quality restaurants and caffe's abound in this neighborhood as well.

Nadia is an attentive and delightful host, who has gone out of her way to help make your stay in her apartment a pleasant and positive experience. I've been renting various apartments throughout Roma over the last decade, and would have to say, Nadia's rental is the best! I've never felt so at home in Roma!!!

We stayed in the very same apartment in September 2016 for a week. Great place and highly recommended. Here is a picture of my wife coming out of that funky doorway:
__5uOaik9wecTLVBnN6IF4-aoqcFSnI_VTY70faFeDnoshtju73aySnBEWDBQbDEJW2zitSRvChmAg8ycUhIuREEZvda2EHn-HziYR3XDvhS0xTIZQBS9AD9HrHCGZOFXpmp2IZZfmejWQK93REiIPqgWekfGX5Zf7qdYLMNLi2Cb2NYpqvAr8sfSC9-RwKnEw53y_qnnlYLg9UNAOyWjrq8iznAB3LVPLCQp8kR8hqAOl3XvKQ9UKZYGSqA-9JPcqA_WeoGK7ZzzI_5YNRoLiUemj3h17rKxhCFmnGIFkunIbKNlX_1r4Twl04jmP1zABQBvJz5GjJpN74zbtdoxD6PDIStZj7QLARCOKE1M-cG2AnRbun4okDWhKG7RoVbhGHZ17MrFUgRDo2wJnu8UTVBUOdgpgJBoLJnqmrpNnuZUKNiRvM2ddq69DBoTtvnvFE_fKvbbxYejlDgPsTqSUrKf3OmHTqroiRbRypQLuipbFaETnm095C5UltIwAxmAQzgdWR4dHeyZNPMtWMqRQYHVn8LeqZIZ3rGnPTU2k-xGVQUyKXlZ790r1Of0nfN32tiqUBxLZEKd_lqEuqyXiWmTRYbCo1d7YeKnnujLGugBWGTVGdrDLGN_Z-mOOG75ocjmJ1M6ZFh9qqj1frUmtYOlVrdpJRYdm-nrfAxsuo=w289-h513-no

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina