• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome apartment location...

misstravelbug

100+ Posts
Hi

I am in the process of booking our apartment in Rome (very exciting!!!) and have narrowed it down to two.

They are both in the Campo dei Fiori region, it was between this area and the Pantheon as we have children and even though it's touristy, I am a tourist and want to be able to walk to everything. Fingers crossed it's the correct decision.

I also found Rome to be so difficult in choosing somewhere due to the plethora of amazing hotels, inns, apartments etc to stay in. So I have been reading forums, reviews, blogs on everything I can find.

Anyway, the addresses are:

1. Passetto del Biscione 91

2. Via dei Giubboni 153

If anyone is familiar with these two streets/areas please feel free to comment. I love both apartments equally and there is a $50 difference over the week stay, which will be early May.

We have always stayed in the same 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment at 97 Via dei Giubbonari. We are staying there again in October. We love the location. Perfectly central, nice street.

Nice area. We stayed between the two locations on Via dei Chiavari this past September. Easy walk most locations. Be sure and check out fix price dinner at Trattoria Pallaro nearby.

2016-09-26 11.38.55.jpg
As Mom83 and CaWino have said it's a great area and the two apartment locations are very close to each other. Not sure how old your children are but I'm sure they will love the Passetto del Biscione, a 'secret passsage' from Campo di Fiori ( photo above)
I compiled this map for friends that were staying in an apartment on Via Balestrari which you might find useful.
Enjoy!

We stayed at 97 Via dei Giubbonario for a week in the top floor apartment. The bedroom faces the street and we found the noise from the carts and trucks headed to the Campo each morning - in the wee hours - to be disturbing. It was a problem for us and we are not light sleepers. The location is good.

Hi RomeFomHome - Tried to see map but Google says you need permission to access the map. So I sent a request by clicking the link. Just wanted you to know where it came from. Thanks.

Profpeabody - when did you stay at 97 Via Dei Giubbonari? We have stayed in the Blue Apt on the 1st floor (2nd American) twice and my nephew and family stayed there just this past summer. Both the bedrooms and the living room in this apartment face the street. Double glazed windows have been installed and, when they were closed with the ac on, we heard nothing. We opened them during the day and enjoyed hearing the people walk by if we were home. It is a pedestrian only street. The only fairly loud noise we ever heard at night when the windows were open were people coming from the the Campo who had been partying.
Did you not have double glazed windows in your bedroom? I am sorry you had problems with the noise as I think the building location and the apartments are wonderful.

Hi Mom83 - it has been several years since we were at #97, at least 5. We had the yellow top floor apartment and the views were incredible. Sounds like they may have installed new windows since our stay which should help tremendously.

Our first stay in the Blue apartment was in 2010 and the double glazed windows were installed then. Maybe they did not install them in the upper floor apartments thinking they were not as necessary. Hopefully all the apartments have them now - they do help enormously! Nothing is worse than being awakened in the early morning hours by loud noise. That happened to my husband and me every morning in San Francisco when we stayed at a small boutique hotel several years ago. The garbage trucks came by every morning and were incredibly noisy! So annoying!

Oh my gosh... I had to laugh when I read your post. We had the same problem at the Monticello in SF. Are we following each other around the world? :)

Haha! The name of our hotel was The White Swan Inn - a lovely little place actually. We really enjoyed it apart from the early morning noise. I think there were rooms at the back of the building - if we had known better, we would have asked for one of those. But, thanks to you, I will know to stay away from the Monticello in the future!

We have rented the blue apartment, so good to know it is quiet!

@RomeFromHome I am taken to a Google log in site from your link, it may be because I am not from the USA, not sure... I will check out the secret passage though, it sounds right up their alley!

@misstravelbug - sorry about the Google map problem. I'm not sure how to attach it any other way. maybe one of the moderators can help? I'm actually based in the UK .....but our son is in Australia so will have to travel that way soon! Have a fab trip

I compiled this map for friends that were staying in an apartment on Via Balestrari which you might find useful.
Enjoy!

I can't get to the map either. I think you have to make the map public, then if you copy the sharing link and paste it in there, the forums software shows the map with a link to it on Google Maps.

Hi Mom83. Nice information regarding the Blue Apt. We will be staying there for three nights next June, 2018. We have always stayed at the Del Senato or Mozart, so are really looking forward to the apartment, and exploring a less frequented area for us. Glad the noise factor has been addressed here.

Hi Mom83. Nice information regarding the Blue Apt. We will be staying there for three nights next June, 2018. We have always stayed at the Del Senato or Mozart, so are really looking forward to the apartment, and exploring a less frequented area for us. Glad the noise factor has been addressed here.
Oh, I hope you like it! We will be staying there this October so I will be sure to come back and report if I like it as much as I have in the past. Although it is on the 1st floor (2nd American), the street noise was not a problem for us...it was warm enough to turn on the ac and close the windows at night when we were there. Cristina added double glazed windows several years ago which I think has helped a great deal. We had the windows open in the living room in the morning as we enjoyed hearing the people walking by and the noise of the city waking up.

ROMEFROMHOME :hello ANNE,love your blog ROMEFROMHOME.Thank you for posting details of your travel in Rome.it is very inspiring.
I plan to visit rome in October/2018 FOR 3-4 WEEKS & like to now if you know reasonably prized apartment near Largo di Torre Argentina.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina