• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Rome apartment

Hi Jan,
I think this location is really good but just be aware that it isn’t that close to the centre of Trastevere. However it is perfect for transport links and I think it would be much quieter than Trastevere itself. The cloisters of San Onofrio that are pictured are one of our favourite tranquil spots in Rome and the apartment is in a perfect spot for a passeggiata to Piazzale Garibaldi. Hope this helps

I like the first one; the owner is obviously passionate about his place judging from all his comments to the reviews.
In the second one, I would be continually tripping up into the kitchen with the change in flooring.

You might want to look at this lovely apartment, with great guest reviews, a wonderful owner/host, and a great location for walking to all neighborhoods in central Rome. Laura also offers a 20% discount for a weekly stay...more than most. We are booked here in October. And, a quiet place to stay and sleep in an otherwise possibly noisy location in active Trastevere.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24829066?guests=1&adults=1

Good Luck! If you contact Laura, tell her John and Deborah sent you.

You might want to look at this lovely apartment, with great guest reviews, a wonderful owner/host, and a great location for walking to all neighborhoods in central Rome. Laura also offers a 20% discount for a weekly stay...more than most. We are booked here in October. And, a quiet place to stay and sleep in an otherwise possibly noisy location in active Trastevere.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24829066?guests=1&adults=1

Good Luck! If you contact Laura, tell her John and Deborah sent you.

Very interesting! I had that one bookmarked!. Did you stay there already? Was it really quiet at night?

Very interesting! I had that one bookmarked!. Did you stay there already? Was it really quiet at night?
Hi Jan- No, not yet. After reading the guest reviews and communicating with Laura, we felt comfortable with this decision. And, if you check her calendar, she is always booked. The reviews state the her building is set away from the Piazza and also blocked from from the noise. If it is noisy the guests usually make mention of it. Here's a couple of other places we were considering:
Vaticano studio apartment
Old roman apartment in Trastevere
Both at Airbnb

Just wanted to add, the apartment at VRBO has pets and parties allowed, and their cancellation policy is only 60 days. Factors to also consider when comparing. Our stay in Rome in 2018 was in an apartment that did allow pets. And, we smelled pets everyday. Nothing agaist pets, we love them. But when an apartment smells offensive it can take away from your comfort and enjoyment.

http://www.casacleme.com/ratesbooking.htm
We stayed in this apartment in Rome. The owners live in New York and you pay in USD. We loved the apartment and the owners. One of the owners is Italian but has lived in New York for years. They are resident in the apartment at various times during the year, which I think usually assures that it is comfortable (ie, no broken-down mattress, etc.) When we were there for two weeks, the owners arranged interim cleaning during our stay (at no additional cost to us.) While this apartment is a bit further from the "center" it is in a nice neighborhood, very near St. John Latern. The owner provides suggestions for neighborhood shops and restaurants. Public transit is near and we used cabs a few times. It was quiet for sleeping, except for a couple of "empty the dumpsters" moments. I would stay there again.

Jan, would you mind sending me the email address of the owner so I can communicate directly with her. We've stayed in Trastevere several times and love it, but "our" apartment is now a long-term rental. Thanks and aloha, Ann

In October. So if we stay there, I can report back to you. I really appreciate the help.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina