• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome Rome - Dolce Roma, apartments in the historic center

Pauline

Forums Admin
Dolce Roma - Apartments for rent in Rome.
http://www.dolceroma.it/
All apartments are owned by Natalia and Walter who run the agency.

These reviews were collected on the Slow Europe website and have been copied here.

Reviewed by: nuyorker (1 review)
Reviewed on: June 1, 2010
Date of Stay: spring 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Roman Forum
Staying in one of Natalia and Walter's properties is like having friends with exquisite taste let you stay in their home while they are away (But not too far away. You can be sure that Natalia and Walter will be there and go to extraordinary lengths to make sure your stay is carefree.) The apartment is as beautiful as it looks on the Dolce Roma website. It is full of personal touches and blissfully quiet. The Monti neighborhood is both lively and safe. It feels like the "real Rome" -- not overrun with tourists. There are reasonably priced restaurants, cafes, and food shops nearby. Transportation is great. Walter and Natalia will give you the insider information you need to feel at home and make the most of your time in their city. The sixteen days my husband and I spent in their Roman Forum apartment were a highlight of our trip to Italy. We are already planning our return.

Reviewed by: UlfatA (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 26, 2010
Date of Stay: winter 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Campo dei Fiori
The first night we arrived in Rome we stayed in a small hotel because the apartment wasn't available. We were so so glad that we had the apartment for the rest of the stay. It was spacious, clean and groovy and compared to the hotel amazing value. It was also quiet at night. This is important but the last thing most people think about when booking a holiday.
Walter showed us around and spent time making sure we would get the most out of Rome for such a short stay. There was also a mobile phone to contact them in case we ran into any difficulties which I thought was very thoughtful.
We did eat out but because there is a market with fresh produce very close by we had fantastic breakfasts in the well provisioned kitchen.
I'll definitely be back. My advice is book early!

Reviewed by: ljs4w (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 25, 2010
Date of Stay: fall 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Colosseum View 1
From start to finish this was a fabulous experience. I visited Rome with 2 friends in the fall. As first-time visitors we wanted a place that was close to sites and transit, well appointed, and reasonably priced. Colosseum View 1 was all three.
Upon arrival, Natalia and Walter spent time showing us the apartment amenities and orienting us to Rome, neighborhood restaurants, and how to get around. We found many of their suggestions to be very useful, and they helped us to make the most of our visit. They also arranged our transport to and from the airport--a really great service that made that part of the trip a piece of cake.
The apartment is very clean and has everything you need, including a washer/dryer. Although not in the tourist heart of the city, we found the apartment to be perfectly located and we felt like locals by the end of the week. It's within walking distance of the Colosseum, and a small local bus stops nearby that will take you to key sites like the Spanish Steps. There's also a grocery store within a 5-10 minute walk if you want to make a meal.
If you're looking for a cozy place to stay with great hosts, this is it. I would definitely stay there again, or at another of Natalia and Walter's apartments.

Reviewed by: slakaa (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 21, 2010
Date of Stay: spring 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Colosseum View
A fabulous 2-bedroom apartment in a perfect location -- a few short blocks from the Colosseum, with a nice view of the Colosseum when you look out the window. Four of us stayed there a week and loved it -- much better than a hotel because you live with the locals. On a quiet street with good restaurants within 1-2 blocks and a great lunch place next door. We got our train tickets for the next three weeks at a good travel agent about a block or two away. Walter and Natalia were excellent hosts. We hope to come back to one of their apartments again. Be sure to use their arranged transportation from the airport -- really good service at a good price. We used a cab going back to the airport on our return and were seriously ripped-off.
Review of: Dolce Roma

Reviewed by: CherylH (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 15, 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Dolce Roma
This is my second time renting from Natalia and Walter - my husband and I and my sister and her husband stayed a week in the Campo d'Fiori apartment 5 years ago and had such a great experience that I knew I would return. Natalia assured me the 2 apartments would be perfect for my party of 6 for the trip in May 2009 and she was right. My Mom and Aunt stayed in the smaller apt and were delighted with all that was available - a well stocked kitchen, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, washing machine and a comfortable living area. My husband and myself along with my sister and a girlfriend were very comfortable in apt 2 with the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. This was week 2 of our trip so having the washing machines was appreciated. We all made use of the kitchens enjoying Italian coffee in the morning. The apartments are very quiet with double sets of windows and shutters and cool with air conditioning. We all loved the charm of the rooms and the hand painted tromp l'oeil paintings. The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable.
We were greeted at the apartments by a friend of Natalia's to give us the tour of each apartment as they were out of town. We had a cell phone for each apartment which was great to be able to call between our groups and also know that we could call Natalia and Walter at any time. There is a box in each apartment full of maps and information about Rome and transportation. We made use of taxi's and the metro for transportation. There is a taxi stand near the Colosseum and we also called for them using the cell phones. I had asked for a dinner recommendation for our first night to celebrate my Aunt's birthday and Walter made reservations for us at Ristorante Galeassi in Travestere where we dined outside in the Piazza S. Maria.
I really enjoyed the location - it felt safe and it is just blocks from the Colosseum. Not to be missed is the San Giovanni Laterano church at the end of the street and also the church at Piazza S. Clementine. It was easy to visit Vatican city, Piazzo Navano and the fabulous gardens at Tivoli (a day trip using the Metro and a bus). We made several stops at the gelato shop a couple of blocks away especially after walking through the Roman Forum and Palentine Hill. There are a couple of small grocers where we picked up cherries and grape tomatoes for snacking, pastries for the mornings and a limited selection of wine. Having the 2 apartments for our group of assorted ages and physical abilities allowed everyone to come and go as needed and have a place to relax. I would highly recommend renting from Natalia and Walter.

Reviewed by: louismca (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 10, 2010
We stayed in the Colosseum View 1 apartment May 11-15, 2009. It was a great apartment in a central location, mid-way between the Colosseum and the Basilica of San Giovanni in Laterano (one of the great treasures of our trip). The apartment is quite comfortable, two bedrooms - both with queen-sized beds, living room and kitchen. It also has two bathrooms, one with a clothes washer. The kitchen is well equipped, if you are preparing meals, and a couple of small stores just up the street are very convenient. A larger supermarket is located about 5 blocks away facing via Claudia. If you are eating out, numerous restaurants are within a 3-4 blocks, mainly in the direction of the Colosseum.
One of the highlights of our trip was the apartment owners, Walter and Natalia. Before our trip they answered every question promptly, and arranged for transportation from the airport. At the end of our visit, they even arranged transportation to the cruise ship terminal in Civitavecchia. They provided tourist info and maps, made recommendations and even provided a cell phone so the could keep in contact during our stay. Walter even took the time to show us the art of making proper Italian coffee.
We would stay here anytime we were in Rome.

Reviewed by: AngelaH (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 10, 2010
Date of Stay: summer 2009
The apartment was tastefully furnished, comfortable and a great location. Natalia was very welcoming and provided us with lots of information. As well as being close to some of the known sites of Rome there were other points of interest within a few minutes of the apartment, as were some very good restaurants. It will accomodate four but may be on the small side but it was great for just the two of us. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed by: lovely12no (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 7, 2010
Date of Stay: winter 2009
Vacation Rental Name: 2 Colosseum Apartments
We were SO lucky to have found Natalia and Walter on-line! We stayed at 2 of their lovely apartments situated just blocks from the Colosseum. I can't say enough about their hospitality, helpfulness and efficiency in making our trip such a fun and easy experience.
Our group of 7 had planned a beautiful cruise holiday but wanted to explore the extraordinary city of Rome for 3 days prior to embarking aboard ship. I investigated thoroughly ... and I mean thoroughly ... to find just the perfect apartment and location for us to use as a base. One apartment for 7 was a difficult accomplishment but Natalia and Walter have 2 small apartments within a block of each other that worked out perfectly for us. Each apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - one apartment being just a bit smaller, but both appointed well and very comfortable.
Natalia and Walter were so accommodating to us! They made arrangements to have us picked up at the airport along with our army of luggage and brought directly to the apartments. They were there to greet us and help familiarize us with the apartment offerings, gave us a phone to carry should we need help while touring Rome and provided tons of wonderful tour guides and suggestions. Their compact kitchens were stocked with coffee and some breakfast croissants ... and water I believe as well, which was a happy convenience in the mornings before starting our touring.
As for the location - absolutely great. There is a bus stop right outside the door (we did purchase Roma Passes which allowed us to use bus and metro transportation in the city) and the Colosseum and metro stops within walking distance of the apartments. They also helped make arrangements to have us taken to the port! What a great and positive experience we enjoyed in Rome!! Thank you so much Natalia and Walter! We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed by: susanrooke (1 review)
Vacation Rental Name: September 2009
I booked this apartment for my daughters 18th birthday present. I was a little worried as I had never done this before: booking flights, transfers and accommodation separately.
Natalia and Walter were very helpful in E-mail responses. We were met at the airport as arranged by them and we arrived at the apartment and it was everything that they had promised (apart from the internet did not work with my PSP). A friend of theirs met us at the flat and explained everything and then was available by mobile throughout our stay despite her busy schedule.
The flat was really quiet and minutes from the Colosseum, some lovely cheap restaurants (Clementine opposite the church was fab!), a supermarket, a local fish and veg street market were close too and the bus stop was right outside the door. I felt safe the whole time we were there (which is a priority) and we were so close to all main tourist sites. We bought a Roma Pass and this covered travel and entrance to the forum and the Colosseum and others.
This is an ideal place for couples or a small family as a base for visiting Rome which was a friendly clean and vibrant place to visit. It will stay in our hearts and memories for a long time to come.
My only regret is we never met our hosts in person for letting us use their home as they were in the USA. I am excited for the next time I can visit and take my husband who could not come last time.
I would highly recommend this apartment!
Susan Rooke - Birmingham, England

Reviewed by: PhillipaM (1 review)
Vacation Rental Name: Dolce Roma
When we are asked about our Roman holiday we start by telling everyone how welcoming and thoughtful our hosts were and how fabulous the accommodation was.
The offer to be picked up from the airport should not be refused. It makes your arrival in Rome so much more relaxed.
We were met by Walter and were overwhelmed by his generosity. Walter has all the knowledge needed to make every minute count in Rome. The maps, advice and use of a mobile phone makes the first time visitor to Rome feel confident to walk out the door and know they will see and do all that they set out to do.
The apartment lacked nothing and all essentials were thought of. We had everything we needed to settle in without having to visit a shop. It was spotlessly clean, air conditioned and very comfortable. Every service was with in walking distance and when we looked out of our window we could see the Colosseum just two blocks away.
I would not hesitate in recommending Walter and Natalia's apartments. My family and I hope to visit Rome again soon and will only ever stay at Dolce Roma.

Reviewed by: EdgarG (1 review)
Reviewed on: April 6, 2010
Date of Stay: spring 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Dolce Roma Colisseum 1
I traveled to Rome with my wife and her parents and we loved our stay at Dolce Roma. We had a great two bedroom/two bathroom apartment in the heart of ancient Rome and amazing hosts. Natalia and Walter arranged for us to get picked up at the airport and brought to the apartment via taxi (for a reasonable price) and were waiting to greet us and orient us to Rome. They provided information about the apartment (how to use appliances and lock the doors and windows) and also about where to go, eat, play and shop. They made us feel like locals in just 45 minutes. They also provided us with a cell phone to have with us in case of emergencies!
The apartment was a great home away from home and had a well stocked kitchen for us to use when we weren't feeling like eating out. The building is secure entry downstairs and the door to the actual apartment is akin to a vault door at a bank. heavy steel with double locks. We were more than happy to leave all our valuables there everyday.
Having an apartment in Rome instead of hotel added to our experience of feeling more like locals and living like Romans do, I would recommend it to anyone (and it is cheaper than a hotel since you have two bedrooms).
We would absolutely stay there again if we're back in Rome. Thanks Natalia and Walter!!
EdgarG
Seattle, WA USA

Reviewed by: jeanw (1 review)
Date of Stay: fall
Vacation Rental Name: 207 Dolce Roma
This was a wonderful apartment. We stayed there for 3 nights with our friends. Walter and Natalia were so helpful and friendly. The apartment is in such a wonderful location -- just minutes from all of the sites -- we walked everywhere. Walter provided us with all the information that we needed and was available to us at any time.
I would highly recommend this apartment and if I ever get to go back to Rome I will stay there.
Walter arranged for our pick up off the cruise ship and transport to the airport for our return trip home.
Jean Wheeler - Canada

Reviewed by: JMarie (1 review)
Vacation Rental Name: Colossium View 1
My husband and I stayed at Colosseum 1 on May 20-25, 2009. We had a wonderful stay, enjoying the apartment and its surrounding neighborhood. The apartment itself is very comfortable and well equipped. It has two bedrooms, both with comfortable beds. It also has two full baths, a small living room and very efficient, well stocked kitchen.
Walter and Natalia are excellent hosts. Walter arrived to show us how to use the appliances, and also spent about an hour explaining the neighborhood restaurants, shops, etc. as well as the buses and transportation in the area. He helped us with tour guides and general information about Rome. It was our first trip to Italy and with Walter's help, we felt like natives within a very brief time.
The neighborhood is safe and the apartment is safe as well, with very strong doors with double locks. We never hesitated to leave our valuables in the apartment.
The location was excellent. We could walk to the Colosseum, and in fact, we walked by it daily on our excursions around Rome. Using the apartment as a base, we were able to explore all the different parts of Rome easily. We walked to many local sites, and found the other transportation easily.
We were offered the courtesy of a cab pick up from the airport (quite reasonable) and the same cab driver brought us to the train station when we left Rome to depart for Naples.
Again, we loved this apartment, in the heart of ancient Rome. We will stay there again on our next visit.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina