• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Rome FCO Airport: New day/night hotel-lounge

Andrew

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I've just seen about HelloSky : a new place just across from the terminals with a lounge and showers, and day and night hotel rooms. It could be good for people who want to meet after arriving on flights a long time apart. On the airport grounds, it's an alternative to the Hilton, where you need to call to ask about day room availability.

Finally! Rome is so far behind most major airports in Europe on this front. I discovered years ago that even if I don't get a lot of sleep on the flight over, if I can grab a shower upon arrival I can go all day.

Thanks Andrew. Looks perfect. Just booked a room for my daughter who is coming to visit this coming Friday. I will report back about her experience.

I promised to report back. My daughter and son-in-law had a 5 hour layover in Rome after an overnight flight. They booked 3 hours at HelloSky. A shorter walk in the termnal than the HIlton. The report: Very clean room, very good shower, comfortable bed, wifi. Way better than sitting in the airport waiting area. They showered, got some rest and continued on their journey feeling like human beings. It was 75 Euro for 3 hours or 95 Euro for 6 hours. A splurge but who better to splurge on than yourselves. They have a lounge that you can use for 20 Euro a person if you don't want the convenience and privacy of your own en suite room.

Just an FYI if you are looking at this hotel. You cannot leave your luggage with them if your room is not ready. This was noted in a TA review. The people in question arrived & had to return to the airport to use the left luggage there. The hotel confirmed this policy in a reply, saying it was the airport's fault that they couldn't accept left luggage.

I've booked an overnight room at HelloSky-- I arrive at 4pm and leave the next morning for Palermo. As I will have been traveling since 6pm Eastern time the day before, I won't take the train into Rome. I'll sleep and rest.

159Euros

Check-in: from 2 p.m. Early arrivals subject to availability and may be subject of an extra cost.

Check out: until 12 p.m. Late departure subject to availability and may be subject of an extra cost.

Breakfast: Included.

Tourist tax: not included.

Maximum occupancy: 1 guest.

I've just seen about HelloSky : a new place just across from the terminals with a lounge and showers, and day and night hotel rooms. It could be good for people who want to meet after arriving on flights a long time apart. On the airport grounds, it's an alternative to the Hilton, where you need to call to ask about day room availability.
Thanks. I will look into this and it sounds just right. I agree with others, a shower really helps in the recovery process.

Thanks. I will look into this and it sounds just right. I agree with others, a shower really helps in the recovery process.
When I called Hello Sky in Rome's FCO Airport, they said I would have to leave airport security to use their lounges and showers. I don't think I will leave security area because I have a connecting flight at Alitalia airline in terminal 1. So don't want to go through security again.

Last edited:
I am arriving in Terminal 3 at Rome's Fiumicino (FCO), needing to meet 4 other women arriving at Terminal 3 from DIFFERENT airlines, all within 1 hour of each other. Is there a restaurant to meet right after Passport Control. Do we need to pass through Customs after Passport Control? Four hours later we will make our way to Alitalia.

From what I've read, if your flights from the U.S. arrive at the satellite gates, currently numbered E31-44, you'll have a security check if you're connecting. Flights arriving at the new concourse E11-24 can avoid the security check if coming from a "clean" country including the U.S. Assuming the connection is within Italy or the Schengen zone and everyone's bags are checked through, you would have passport control but customs would only be after arrival at your final destination. You can see links to several airport maps at http://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-airport-map . I think your short-haul Alitalia flight would use Boarding Area B. I think there's a seating area at the entrance to the concourse, by the low B gate numbers, which could be a good meeting place if you don't want to exit the terminal complex to HelloSky.

I still like my B & B plus a ride with Piero in Fumicino, just two blocks from the beach. I arrive, call him and withing 15-30 minutes he's at the airport to pick me up, take me to his B & B, clean ensuite room; then he takes me back to the airport the next day: 50 euros!

I just checked in at HelloSky. Nice, modern and clean.

They provide a simple toothbrush, tiny toothpaste, disposable slippers. Minbar with 2 complimentary bottles of water. A safe. The only thing missing is a robe hook and towel bar for the big bath towel. There’s a towel bar for hand towel.

Single room:

69CBE7BE-8F68-429C-B82F-FDFD87EE68CA.jpeg
9BA4F41F-E6F0-4D40-82BF-E115D3425DCD.jpeg
404D5FE4-A62F-4D2F-BCEA-3198B6571C8C.jpeg
C4F314C7-18C5-4B8C-9CD9-D44729966CD0.jpeg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina