• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Royal Tunbridge Wells?

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We're taking advantage of a rainy, windy day to map out some days here in Sussex. Tomorrow the rain is expected to decrease as the day goes on, but it'll still be windy, esp closer to the coast, so I'm thinking something more inland. I have lists and cryptic notes scribbled about places that are possibilities, but I can't figure out why I have Royal Tunbridge Wells on the list - it looks way too big and I can't find any compelling sites within the city to visit.

I do have Bayhem Abbey on my list, not too far from the city, so perhaps I just scribbled Royal Tunbridge Wells as a general reminder, but if anyone can make an argument for visiting the city itself I'm all ears!

I spent a morning there a couple of years ago and must admit I wasn't over impressed... Have a read here. The Pantiles make a pleasant walk with their small shops and cafes. The town centre with its upmarket shops is a short walk away. Mind you they aren't cheap - there is some serious money in the area!

The church is a bit uninspiring from the outside but is quite interesting inside as it is one of the few churches to have been built in the C17th. You can see the pew where Princes Victoria and her mother sat when they attended here.

I wouldn't place it top of my list unless you are desperate to fill in time....

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina