• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

South Africa Safari

cindyldoe

10+ Posts
I've been thinking lately about places I'd like to visit while I'm still able. I'm 65 and in decent shape and health, but it's something I think about. An African safari is something I'd always considered out of our price range. So, I started looking into it, and a mid-range safari is possible. It's very overwhelming when you first start info gathering, but I've made some progress.
Does anyone have information or experience to share? I'd appreciate anything you can offer.

Thanks,
Cindy

Penn251

100+ Posts
We did a Safari in Tanzania in February 2020 (in our late 60's) and it was fantastic - so glad we did it. We went with another couple and had a private guide. The outfitter we used was Safari Infinity - https://safari-infinity.com/ - and they did an outstanding job tailoring the safari to what we wanted in terms of time, what we saw and experienced, the types of accommodations and cost. The communication was great. They answered every question we had. I highly recommend them. The guide we used through them was named Mooshe Monah (although he goes by Monah) and he was an absolute pleasure - he grew up as a Massai but went ot college and has a degree in the ecosciences. You can check out Safari Infinity's reeviews on TripAdvisor, including ours. Monah has also recently opened his own guide and outfitting business with his brother (also a great guide). He still does work for Safari Infinity, but I would have no hesitation working directly with him. I have his contact info if you are interested. I can give you a lot of detail about our trip so feel free to direct message me with any questions you have.

cindyldoe

10+ Posts
We did a Safari in Tanzania in February 2020 (in our late 60's) and it was fantastic - so glad we did it. We went with another couple and had a private guide. The outfitter we used was Safari Infinity - https://safari-infinity.com/ - and they did an outstanding job tailoring the safari to what we wanted in terms of time, what we saw and experienced, the types of accommodations and cost. The communication was great. They answered every question we had. I highly recommend them. The guide we used through them was named Mooshe Monah (although he goes by Monah) and he was an absolute pleasure - he grew up as a Massai but went ot college and has a degree in the ecosciences. You can check out Safari Infinity's reeviews on TripAdvisor, including ours. Monah has also recently opened his own guide and outfitting business with his brother (also a great guide). He still does work for Safari Infinity, but I would have no hesitation working directly with him. I have his contact info if you are interested. I can give you a lot of detail about our trip so feel free to direct message me with any questions you have.
Thank you Penn! I'll check that out and let you know.

GDB

100+ Posts
Hi, my wife and I are experienced wildlife photographers and conservationists. We do safari type trips regularly. We are going to Tanzania for the 4th.time this February (2023) If you want some serious guidance and advice please send a private message.

Last edited:

Penn251

100+ Posts
Do let us know how your trip planning is going. We won't get back there for a bit, so all we have at the moment is to enjoy vicariously through others. :)

GDB

100+ Posts
Hi, as said before I am very happy to share my knowledge on wildlfe with anybody. My wife and I do illustrated talks to the likes of WIs, U3As and other social groups and I write articles for a national travel magazine. We were in Zambia and India in 2022 and off to Tanzania in two weeks time to visit some favourite places. As Penn231 has implied it is a veritable haven of wildlife and certainly 65 is nowhere near too old. Booking with local companies can be fraught with danger but we can recommend people who we have trusted for many years in all these countries including Tanzania.
Wonderful that Tanzania is, you need to go to the right places at the right time to maximise on sightings. Please message me if you want some serious advice.
20220531_3156 (2) A.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Recommended Travel Guides

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
How to Be an American in Italy by Jessica Scott Romano