• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Salt Fat Acid Heat

devarae

100+ Posts
Not sure if this specifically fits this forum, but this show is making me want to travel so I thought I would recommend it to others!

Is anyone else watching the new Netflix Cooking show Salt Fat Acid Heat? We watched the first episode, "Fat," last night and really enjoyed it. The host, Samin Nosrat, spent the episode in Liguria Italy, focusing on the use of various fats in Italian cooking. Lots of beautiful scenery and information on olive oil, pesto, foccacia, cheese and various pork products. The images of Liguria really made me want to visit that region!

There are three more episodes we have not watched yet, featuring Japan (Salt), Yucatan (Acid) and California (Heat).

I've seen the first two so far, and loved them. I got to know about her book (same title, great reading) when she was working on it, because I've followed the SF-based illustrator, Wendy MacNaughton, on Twitter for quite a few years now), and Samin's book is beautifully illustrated by Wendy.

I saw Samin speak here in London at a series of food-based talks at the British Library earlier this year - a beautifully lively discussion with Jeremy Lee - and I'm really enjoying seeing her on the TV as well. I'm looking forward to the final programme, having spent part of summer 2016 cooking and eating in the East Bay, her home territory.

I've seen the first two so far, and loved them. I got to know about her book (same title, great reading) when she was working on it, because I've followed the SF-based illustrator, Wendy MacNaughton, on Twitter for quite a few years now), and Samin's book is beautifully illustrated by Wendy.

So glad to hear the book is worth reading too (not that I am surprised given how much I am enjoying the show). I just requested it from my library!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina