• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Saved $610 booking flight w/BA versus AA website

Cameron

500+ Posts
I just booked multi-city flights for May/June 2018.

I'm an American Airlines frequent flier, but I couldn't bring myself to pay the ticket price and couldn't get a good free flight itinerary, so I set up a Google Flights alert on the segments (Raleigh to Paris; Venice to Raleigh) for that American Airlines itinerary. Business class tickets on Airbus jets with lie-flat seats.

Google came back with the SAME American flights, but booked on British Airways website for $610 less!

After I booked the American flights on BA, I was kicked over to the American website to select my seats. So, American has the record locator for my itinerary, too. No worries.

Before buying the ticket on BA, I called American to see if they came up with a price match. Nope. They didn't, even though it's their planes all the way.

Another thing -- flying into Paris and out of Venice was far less expensive than booking roundtrip to Venice. I'll spend a week in Paris, take an Air France one-way to Venice for less.

Cameron,
I am finding the same difference between BA & AA AIRLINES FLIGHT LAX TO CDG & return from Heathrow to LAX FOR 4/2019 for business class. BA is 601$ cheaper.I AM NOT SURE IF AA will let me reserve the seats in Business class,i am also Gold member for AA ,DID IT WORK??

It worked great. My seat selection was directed to AA, and my itinerary showed up in my usual “My Trips” section. I just returned from that trip on June 2, and never encountered any issues. I received updates from both BA and AA. I selected my meals on the AA site, too. I’m a Gold member.

I just booked my flights from LAX TO CDG & Return from Heathrow to Lax ON BA & saved little over 600 $ & got my seat assignment for business class.BA wants you to pay or only allow one
week before for AA Card holders.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina