• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

"Slow Travel" article

While slow travel is the only type of foreign travel I have done - and I'm a relatively late-comer to foreign travel, only started 18 years ago at the age of 44 - I still can't escape the dissonance involved between my great enjoyment of it, and the ecological price involved with foreign travel of any kind. The writer of the above article apparently has too much invested in travel in order to at least admit to herself that there is also this negative aspect to travel. Otherwise she would not have ended her article with the sentence :
"It’s the natural next step in satisfying our wanderlust while caring for our planet." (my italics, joe)

This only goes to show that once Covid is behind us, travel of every type will probably return in full force, and it will take a miracle in global environmental policy - or another disaster - to make a dent in the way we address consumerism, foreign travel being one aspect of this.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina