• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Small Hotel or B&B in Barcelona and Valencia

Mary Mack

We are planning a trip to Spain early next year - Barcelona for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks in Valencia. (We have been to Spain before but never to the east coast.) We would appreciate recommendations for a small local hotel or B&B (not airbnb). Do places like that still exist? Thank you for all suggestions.

Hello:
With Covid, our travels have been limited so my comments and recommendations are dated.

In Valencia we were satisfied with our stay at the Casual de Cine Valencia. It was clean, quiet and inexpensive. We found the location to be great. Slightly off-putting for us was the giant 007 blowup poster in our room. We chose to breakfast out but the buffet looked fresh and varied.

If you are thinking of a mini-excursion outside Barcelona to the Costa Brava, Alt Emporda area, I highly recommend Nui de Sol in Palau-Saverdera. There is a review on this site. To enjoy the area a car rental is necessary. However, if it is your first time in Barcelona you will, in all likelihood, find enough to occupy 2 weeks.

Dennis

Hello:
With Covid, our travels have been limited so my comments and recommendations are dated.

In Valencia we were satisfied with our stay at the Casual de Cine Valencia. It was clean, quiet and inexpensive. We found the location to be great. Slightly off-putting for us was the giant 007 blowup poster in our room. We chose to breakfast out but the buffet looked fresh and varied.

If you are thinking of a mini-excursion outside Barcelona to the Costa Brava, Alt Emporda area, I highly recommend Nui de Sol in Palau-Saverdera. There is a review on this site. To enjoy the area a car rental is necessary. However, if it is your first time in Barcelona you will, in all likelihood, find enough to occupy 2 weeks.

Dennis
Thank you for all the good information

W
We are planning a trip to Spain early next year - Barcelona for 2 weeks and then 2 weeks in Valencia. (We have been to Spain before but never to the east coast.) We would appreciate recommendations for a small local hotel or B&B (not airbnb). Do places like that still exist? Thank you for all suggestions.
We just had 4 nights at the Hotel Soho in Barcelona. It's a small hotel with wonderful staff, large modern rooms in a great position. It also has a small rooftop pool. Everywhere was walkable for us yet just out of the really busy, noisy area.

I also recommend Hotel Soho! Beautiful views of the city from the rooftop. Lots of local restaurants and bars nearby, and rooms are pretty new-age!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina