• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Spammers with multiple posts

Pauline

Forums Admin
‘Tis the season for spammers. The obvious ones are easy. They post several times with links to sites selling passports or something. Their posts never go public and I delete them all with one click.

But some of them work harder. They do several posts looking like they are taking part in the forums, then they post with a link to the site they are being paid to promote. I can usually tell from the first post, but if I think they may be real, I set them so they can post but I review every post. When they get to the post with the link, I ban them and their earlier posts stay on the forum but their member name is stroked through.

Sometimes they post in a thread started by someone that was a spammer months or years ago - probably them. Then I realise that others in that thread were spammers.

My favourite is when I ban them and they email to demand to be reinstated because they are a real person, so I apologise and un-ban them, then they never post again because, most likely, they were a spammer.

We don’t get that many. One every day or two. When I have a week with no spammers, I start to miss them. At least they show that the forums can be found on google, even if there is t much action this year.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Recommended Travel Guides

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
How to Be an American in Italy by Jessica Scott Romano