• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

St. Germain Paris Apartment

SusanSeattle

100+ Posts
Hi everyone,
Now that I'm back from the UK, of course, I need to start planning for next year :)
After a week in Provence with Kathy's Return to the Luberon tour, my mom and I are going to spend a week in Paris. A friend of mine will also join us for the last few days.

I am thinking of renting this apartment and would love feedback on the area and the apartment itself.
http://www.parisvacationapartments.com/our-apartments/two-bedroom/saint-germain-lovely-two-bedroom/

We've all been to Paris before, so this visit is more about just enjoying being in Paris (the food, the walks, people watching, etc.) as opposed to visiting any major sites or museums.

A few years ago we spent a week near that area. The apartment we rented was near the Cluny. I really liked the area. The only crowded tourist area is off Saint Michel near the river, and even that area is fun. The Luxembourg Gardens are wonderful. There were good food shops and restaurants nearby. The apartment looks great!

Thanks for the feedback. The PVA agency gets good reviews on Slowtrav, and while this apartment doesn't have a write-up, a few others do and they are all positive. I went ahead and booked over the weekend.

The agency has been good to deal with so far. They reply to my emails promptly. When I booked, they sent information on how to get to/from via the various train stations and airports by public transport, taxi, or car service. They also sent a list of nearby grocery stores and restaurants. They sound organized! In case it's useful to anyone else, I also asked if one of the beds could be set up as 2 twins & they said it could be.

I'm planning on doing a Paris by Mouth tour, would love ideas from other travellers - gardens, picnic spots, lesser-known museums, etc.

A few years ago we spent a week near that area. The apartment we rented was near the Cluny. I really liked the area. The only crowded tourist area is off Saint Michel near the river, and even that area is fun. The Luxembourg Gardens are wonderful. There were good food shops and restaurants nearby. The apartment looks great!
Was the apartment available through an agency or VRBO or?

Debra, are you asking about Pauline's apartment or mine? If mine, we were very happy with our stay and I'd happily use PVA again. We were very happy with the location & it had a couple of bus stops right outside that we used for longer trips.

Hi everyone,
Now that I'm back from the UK, of course, I need to start planning for next year :)
After a week in Provence with Kathy's Return to the Luberon tour, my mom and I are going to spend a week in Paris. A friend of mine will also join us for the last few days.

I am thinking of renting this apartment and would love feedback on the area and the apartment itself.
http://www.parisvacationapartments.com/our-apartments/two-bedroom/saint-germain-lovely-two-bedroom/

We've all been to Paris before, so this visit is more about just enjoying being in Paris (the food, the walks, people watching, etc.) as opposed to visiting any major sites or museums.

I have rented from Paris Vacation Apartments on two different occasions. This agency is excellent! They even helped with securing a really difficult dinner reservation on one visit.

I have not rented the apartment that you are considering but it looks great and I always try my best to stay in that area of the 6th arr. The apartment is a very short walk to a well stocked "super market". Everything you may need is in this area including a fresh vegetable and fruit market, restaurants etc...

I would have no hesitancy renting this apartment from PVA.

Good luck!

We just tried to rent that 2 bedroom in Saint Germain and it's gone!!!
We wanted it with the other 2 bedroom in the same building but is not to be.
I have booked two of their apartments in Palais Royal instead. Not the area I would really like but they look nice.
PVA are very responsive and easy to work with. I'm sure we will be happy.

I had trouble with rentals through VRBO and Rentvillas as the owners had withdrawn the apartments I picked from the market.
I presume that the new Paris tax may be making some owners nervous.

We just tried to rent that 2 bedroom in Saint Germain and it's gone!!!
We wanted it with the other 2 bedroom in the same building but is not to be.
I have booked two of their apartments in Palais Royal instead. Not the area I would really like but they look nice.
PVA are very responsive and easy to work with. I'm sure we will be happy.

I had trouble with rentals through VRBO and Rentvillas as the owners had withdrawn the apartments I picked from the market.
I presume that the new Paris tax may be making some owners nervous.

The apartment looks to be very booked for the remainder of 2017 but looks to be open for 2018!

I tried to book 2 apartments but one was already booked from another agency and it wasn't showing in their calendar.
I asked how soon they had till payment and if they thought there was a possibility they may decide not to rent it.
The reply-
"The St Germain apartment is booked from an agency so they will pay few days prior the arrival date."
That is when I decided to book the 2 apartments in Palais Royal.
I think we will be happy as one daughter and partner hasn't been to Paris for 20yrs and our grandchildren are young and will find it exciting being in "the thick"of it.
Me - I'll just find a favourite cafe and watch the world go by. We were there for nearly 3 weeks in the Marais in 2013 so can just enjoy the relaxed life!

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!
When I was in Paris last fall, we ate at Juveniles wine bar which is near the Palais Royale. It was one of our favorite meals, I'd highly recommend. We went for lunch & got one of the last tables - a tiny 2 seater next to the entry. I'd recommend reserving.

http://www.juvenileswinebar.com/

That looks very nice. Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm starting to get my list of restaurants going again although a bit early as it is 13 months away!!

Check out Verjus. I've been there a number of times and have always been impressed!
Having rented an apartment in the Palais Royal that overlooked the garden, Verjus is a minute walk.
Exit the Palais, take a right, go up the stairway passage on the left and Verjus is right there.

Also really good is Ellsworth, Verjus' sister restaurant just down the same street at 34 rue de Richelieu.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina