• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Strikes April 22?

Amy

100+ Posts
My son and DIL are flying into Malpensa the morning of April 22. They plan to get a train to Bergamo that morning. I just took a look at the official calendar of strikes, and see a lot for the 22nd. Can someone confirm this? I’m also wondering how this might affect the trains from Malpensa into the Centro. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Amy -
Have Google Translate enabled.
Many strikes on this day, according to the site.
If it was me, I'd just change plans and not take chances.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy
I found this page from the Malpensa Express site about the previous general strike on March 8, indicating that from Malpensa a substitute bus went to Cadorna station. The link to the list of guaranteed trains basically shows commuter trains completing their runs before 9 a.m.

Reactions: Amy
Thank you, Joe and Andrew. I’m encouraging them to get a cancellable hotel near Cadorna for that night. However, if the airport unions are also involved, who knows if they’d even get there that day!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina