• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Thanks to Michael Osman for my Slow Europe contest prize!

Kathy

100+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I was excited to win a prize in the Slow Europe contest a few months ago, and excited that a private tour in Paris with fabulouss guide Michael Salerno Osman was one of the possible prizes still available. I wasn't sure if I would be in Paris any time soon, but my daughter Kelly was going to be there most of the summer. (She's a PhD student in modern French history at NYU and is there for research.) Michael was very kind to allow me to use my prize for a private tour for Kelly.

Today Kelly and here roommate redeemed the prize and enjoyed a great tour with Michael. She knows Paris very well and asked Michael for something "off the beaten track." After talking, they decided to spend the day exploring the Cimitière du Montparnasse, where artists and writers like Baudelaire, Serge Gainsbourg, and Agnès Varda, along with thousands of other “normal” Parisians, are buried.

Kelly described Michael as a "wonderful, warm, and knowledgeable guide." She and her friend enjoyed this beautiful and interesting off-the-beaten-path alternative to Père Lachaise... they loved their time with Michael!!

Now I just need to get back to Paris so I can book my own tour with Michael. (Check out his website here: http://parisfind.info/)

Thanks to @Pauline and Slow Europe for the contest and for Michael Osman for donating this prize!

Hired Michael about 18 years ago, when I took my daughter on a tour of Paris during her Spring Break from college. Wow, has it been that long? She is now married with two sons. He looks great, and we had a wonderful time seeing all the important sights. So glad you posted this photo.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina