• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Kings Way (Caminito de Rey) - El Chorro - Malaga - Spain

Clive Muir

10+ Posts
Great news over here in Andalucia that soon the Caminito del Rey will once again be open. The death defying footpath (That I have walked/climbed several times) is a real treat...!

Its not for the feint hearted though :) Have a look at the video and info about the area... If you are traveling across Andalucia, this part of Malaga province should definitely be on your list of stop offs....
http://www.caminodelrey.es

Hi Clive,

I remember seeing the El Chorro stop on the train ride heading to Malaga. It looks like a beautiful area. Very interesting article. I'm glad to read that they have restored it and it will soon re-open. Thanks so much for sharing. btw, I'm still in awe with the hiker that shot that video.

The investment in this is stunning 11 million euros in total...
http://www.caminodelrey.es/11-milli...amino-del-rey-and-surrounding-infrastructure/

Work seems to be going to schedule and we are waiting to see if like his grandfather the king of Spain will inaugurate the path early next year.

I visited the area last week and I must say, it is truly impressive... If anyone is on an Andalucian road trip then this part of Malaga province should really be on the trip visit list...

best regards
Clive

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina