• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

The Slow Europe Contest 2019 - Discussion

Well this brings back memories indeed! I won something in the last one on ST, years ago! It was a lovely watercolour of Venice, which I still have! I know I'll win again, since the contest ends on my birthday! :)

Pauline, I edited my trip report and assume the edited version is automatically in the contest. If that's not so, please let me know. Also, I'm having difficulty adding photos. Could you please send me the link again to your post that tells how to add them? Thanks.

This post explains photos:
https://www.sloweurope.com/community/threads/how-to-post-trip-reports.1369/

If you have any questions post them on that thread and I’ll answer them.

You are entered in the contest. This time we are not selected the best Trip Reports but are putting the names of all entries in a hat and selecting the winners. But we all appreciate a good trip report, so edit if you need to. Thanks!

Thanks Pauline. I’ll stop tormenting myself trying to post my pictures.
You can start a test thread in the How to use forum and practice.

The short description.

Click Attach Files and navigate to the photos on your computer. You can upload several. Once they are uploaded put your cursor in the text where you want one to appear. I like to have a blank line before and after the photo. Then click Full Size beside the photo, in the list of photos. Do this for each photo. In your trip report you could do a new post, a reply, and put the photos there.

Pauline, i offered a prize during the last contest: lunch in a high rise overlooking Lake Michigan with a tour of the Shedd Aquarium. I remember the lady who chose it well, and we became FB friends. I’ll offer it again if you’d like.

That is an interesting idea @sharonov ! I remember that prize. I didn’t think we were a large enough group now for “personal” prizes, but maybe I am wrong.

What does anyone else think? I had some offers of prizes for discounts on tours but thought I wanted to keep with accommodations and it might get too complicated with tours, but then I did accept three day tour prizes.

Hi Pauline, I've just this morning posted on Italy Trip reports about 12 different posts all linked to my blog about my daughters wedding in Basilicata. I am newly back to posting on Sloweurope and wondering if I have enough to now enter the contest. Can you tell me now if I'm lacking something. I do want to post more on recent travel experiences and also review hotels and restaurants (is there a place to review restaurants?). If I am in good stead presently to enter the contest can you let me know how I do that? I know you are probably traveling now. I won a prize at the Savannah gathering back in the slowtrav days and this contest really threw me into a nostalgic mood with the old days of slowtrav. I'm so glad we have this resource. Feels like home again. Hugs and many cheers to you and Steve.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina