• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Thoughts and Prayers for Roz & Family

I am just watching this on the news now. Coming from a country which also has severe bushfires, I really feel for the people of California. We are coming into our summer here and early indications are it will be long and hot. Stay safe Roz and family and friends.

I've also been very concerned for Roz and for everyone in the area. This is such a destructive fire! I am glad to hear that she is most likely in France right now and pray that everything is ok with her family and her property.

Chiming in too that I'm hoping that Roz, Mike and their family are all safe. the news is horrific...difficult to look at the before and after photos...

I hope Roz's family and friends are okay. There is nothing worse than being far away when an emergency happens at home. We were in France when Hurricane Irma headed towards our home in South Carolina. We had to cut our trip short by a week, in order to get home to pick up our precious pets at the kennel and prepare our home. Terrible, trying to make all the changes from a foreign country, but thank goodness Delta worked with us and didn't even charge us change fees, because of the storm. It took us 25 hours to get home, and we lost our money on the second rental, but when these things happen, you can't worry about those things.

I'm from Southern California, and know how destructive the wild fires are. Please let us know if everything is okay Roz. My friends in Riverside said it is really bad around the Anaheim Hills. That

Hi, everyone, and thank you all so much for your concern.

We are guiltily happy to be here in France and not living through the horrors of the wine country fires. Feeling guilty because we have friends in the area who have lost so much, or even are just suffering through the terrible air quality with all the smoke -- and we feel such pain for them and for everyone in the region while we are enjoying such a beautiful place with perfect weather. We will be here for 2 more weeks, and I can only hope that things will have calmed down a bit by the time we return. But I have to say, we certainly picked a great time to be in Cotes du Rhone and not Napa wine country.

As Ann said, we are fortunate to live in an area of Napa that has not been in the path of any flames. We are just across the river from the Napa Valley College, which is now serving as an evacuation center for at least 1000 people, so I have to think that those who know about such things must consider that area pretty safe.

Good to hear from you Roz! In 2000 we were in the Cotswolds on vacation and the Los Alamos fires started. Instead of returning home, we stayed an extra week in the Cotswolds then a month in Italy. By the time we went home to Santa Fe it was all over.

Good to hear all is well in France!

Last month when I was out in Sonoma, I went to a winery named Imagery in Glen Ellen. I enjoyed their wine and bought case to be shipped back east. The schedule ship date was 10/9, and with the fires I did not expect to see it. Imagery, I understand, was heavily damaged by the Nuns fire.

As I was reading that all is ok with Roz & family, a message popped in saying my shipment from Imagery will be delivered tomorrow. The shipped early!

Believe me when I ever I open a bottle, I will raise my glass to the those who have suffered so much in Napa and Sonoma.

Roz enjoy your vacation and may the fires end soon.

Yes Roz glad to hear this....was just checking with Judy today on your whereabouts .....we can smell the smoke here in Fremont so can only imagine how bad it is.....not to mention the heartbreaking losses

Roz

Glad to hear you are safe (and happy!), and that your home appears to be out of the path of destruction. I'm in Oakland and have never seen the air so full of smoke and who knows what else. Let's hope the winds die down and the firefighters are able to get these infernos under control.

I hope you're able to enjoy the rest of your trip.

DD

Started my day with more bad news from Northern California. My heart is broken for all those who have lost family and precious homes.

thanks for checking in Roz and Mike...so glad you are safe and that your home is safe as well. It's all so horrific..hard to look at the before and after photos....

hugs,
Mindy

Thanks for checking in with us, you two have been on so many of our minds. I'm thrilled your place in Napa is safe, and I'm also thrilled you're not breathing this terrible air. Enjoy every moment of your vacation.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina