• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Three Days in Parma

coleyfagiole

10+ Posts
After wandering and searching from Como to Montefalco, I have finally landed on Parma as my "solo relax"spot. I have three nights at Palazzo della Rosa Prati and now the fun begins! I have no shortage of things to see there, but where to eat?! Especially as a solo traveler? Day trip votes? Modena? Reggio Emilia? Others?

I spent three days solo in Parma in 2017 and really enjoyed it. I did a food tour into the countryside to see small producers of Parmesan, wine, balsâmico and prosciutto. It was with Food Tours by Laura. She drives you around to each venue plus lunch. I felt it was worth the money to learn so much, especially about the cheese and balsamic.
Parma is lovely to just wander and eat. I don’t remember specific restaurants but I do remember all of the food being wonderful! Enjoy!

In centro:

Gallo d’Oro Ristorante - Www.gallodororistorante.it

Ristorante La Greppia - Www.lagreppiaparma.it

Outside Parma but close to drive:

Ristorante Locanda Stendahl - Ristorantestendahl.com

Ristorante Al Vèdel - Www.poderecadassa.it/al-vedel-ristorante-colorno-parma/

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been to Parma, but I think these are all still good. All were excellent and recommended to us by people who live in Parma.

You might want to tour the nearby Acadamia Barilla. I believe they also offer cooking classes and food tours. http://www.academiabarilla.com/company/default.aspx

Loads of dining choices there, can't really go wrong! We did a tour with Food Valley Travel, very nice selection and good service (we did with the Ferrari drive amidst the castles - totally AWESOME!) An practically unknown museum outside Parma near Traversetolo is incredible (Titian, Monet, Canova, Renoir, Cezanne and more - yet there were only about 10 people there on the day we visited!) https://www.magnanirocca.it/la-villa-dei-capolavori/ A really worthy day trip if you like art!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina