• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Transportation options from Milan Airport (Malpensa) to Lake Como

This would depend on where on Lake Como and the time of year. One site for a mix of transportation in Lombardy is http://www.muoversi.regione.lombardia.it/planner/soluzioniViaggio.do?method=Journey planner . If this is well in advance, the schedules may not be loaded. To get to the city of Como by train, you can search http://www.trenord.it/EN/ . My first search would be from Aeroporto Malpensa (and T1 is the main terminal for overseas arrivals) to Como Lago. Most of the time you would take a train connecting at Saronno. I see that sometimes, such as at 9.19 a.m., there's a train going directly from the airport to the Trenitalia S. Giovanni station, away from the lake. If you go to Como Lago station, it's right across from the ferry landing and a bus station for places along the lake. When I went to Bellagio in winter 2005 (so I don't know if it's the same), I was caught by surprise that I needed to catch the bus at the curb across from the small bus station.

For someplace like Varenna, you might take the train connecting at Milano Centrale.

Thank you for this information. I am hoping to use some kind of car service/ Ride share. ( I've gotten a bit lazy as I grow older. Would an UBER or taxi be prohibitive in cost? Is Uber available in Italy? MyTaxi? Or am I best served by taking a train and then taxi to my hotel?

There have been some back and forths on the legality of Uber in Italy: I think they are allowed in the higher-priced categories, such as licensed town cars. The Uber site gives a quote to the city of Como of around €150. You can Google other established services.

Hi Andrew thank you again for your reply. 150 EU is more than I want to spend. And as I look a bit further it appears my hotel is located between Como Lago station and Como San Giovanni. It seems to be relatively easy and INEXPENSIVE, so I'll put my high expectations aside. I would prefer the direct with no change. Thank you again for your valuable input.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina