• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article Travel Blog/ Trip Report on Bhutan with proposed itinerary to follow

bhavneet sethi

Bhutan, the mystical land of the thunder dragon is one of those countires that revives your inner spiriualism. The Buddhist country is currently the happiest nation in Asia and the eighth happest country in the world.. I was lucky enought to recently visit bhutan on a long vacation. The lush green mountains, verdant valleys, snow capped mountain peaks, gushing waterfalls and most of the all the wonderful people of Bhutan, left a lasting impresson on me. I was spiritually rejuvenated towards the end of my vacation.
Buddha_point.jpg

I took my time to compile this exhaustive travel blog of 8000 words (with pictures). The article provides relevant information on Bhutan in great detail such as transportation, hotel/ restaurant recommendations, visa, itinerary and attractions to be seen .
IMG-20151023-WA0126.jpg

The blog post covers detailed information on the following places that need to be visited in Bhutan.

Thimpu
Paro
Bumthang
Trongsa
Phobjikha
Phuensholing
Haa Valley
Punakha
Dochula Pass
IMG-20151103-WA0125.jpg

I am sure that once the forum visitors read this blog (link given below) they will be as eager to visit Bhutan as I was. If you feel that the blog was a useful read, I will appreciate that you could leave your kind comments on the forum as well.

http://blogmyspace.com/places-to-visit-in-bhutan/

I have enjoyed reading your blog which is full of useful information for anyone planning a visit to Bhutan. We spent three weeks there in 2009 flying into Paro (amazing flight with views of Everest and finally flying up the valley to Paro with the hillside almost touching the wing tips of the plane) and then travelled east to Tashigang and then departing by road via Samdrup Jongkhar and crossing the border into India at Guwahati, where we caught the train back to Delhi. (When we visited, Foreign visitors had to fly at least one way.)

It probably ranks as one of the best holidays we have had. The scenery was fantastic, the Dzongs and monasteries so beautiful and the people so friendly and happy. Our pictures are here:

Initially it did seem expensive but eveything was included in the price so we spent very little once we were in Bhutan.

Your itinerary did seem packed for Day 3 if you were intending to do everything in one day. It is more like two days worth,especially allowing for travel between the different sites.

Days 8 to 10 did seem packed as well, allowing for travel time to Trongsa, Phobjikha and Punakha doesn’t give you a lot of time to sightsee. We found that journey times were a lot longer than your timings.

I would also urge caution to anyone considering a visit to Bhutan about attempting Tiger’s Nest at the start of the trip, before you have fully acclimatised to the altitude. It is a gruelling climb up to 3120m involving a climb to a cafe viewpoint, then a descent into the valley and a very steep climb of about 900m straight up the side of the mountain. I have to confess we admired from the bottom...

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina