• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Travel Keeps you Young!

Pauline

Forums Admin
Well, maybe not young. But it keeps you engaged. And enthusiastic.

We are about to leave for our second trip to Israel. The first trip was in March. The feeling that I have is similar to what I felt in 1996 after our first trip to Italy. Back then Italy was confusing and we spent most of our first trip trying to understand things. When we came home I booked another trip and we went again six months later. Just like I am doing with Israel.

A new country, or a new part of a country, is like a puzzle. It keeps your mind very active, I think, working on the trip planning. Memorizing maps, reading travel guides and hiking guides, figuring out where towns are, how the public transportation works, reading forums. I like getting obsessed with something which is probably why I like to travel.

I do all the geography stuff and Steve works on learning the language - so we both get pretty involved. I also like to read novels about the country or watch movies set there.

Maybe this is why trip planning is not a chore, but something fun and exciting to do. And the reward is the trip!

I so agree, Pauline! We just came home from the UK. Researching the transportation options in London really paid off...I found the tube system so easy to use after studying the maps beforehand. My husband and son were quite impressed...no fumbling around on how to get places and what type of payment option to chose...Oyster card, contactless credit card, Apple Pay...all good options for us.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina