• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article Trip Report/ Travel Blog for tourists visiting Kerala

bhavneet sethi

Hi All,

Kerala was the first destination where I had taken a vacation on my own and I have fond memories of this place. I have visited kerala twice for long vacations over the past few years and took a lot of help from various forums while planning my trip.

Some of the places that I visited in Kerala are as following:

1.) Fort Kochi

Fort Kochi is the gateway to God’s own Country. It mainly serves as a stopover destination in Kerala. rists prefer to stay around Fort Kochi for sightseeing. If you are in Fort Kochi, here are a few things that you can do.

Dutch Palace, Fort Emmanuel, Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica, St. Francis Church and The Jewish Synagogue are some of the areas around Fort Kochi that can be explored.

2.) Munnar

Munnar in God’s own Country is a hill station located in the Idukki district of Kerala. There are a lot of sights to see in Munnar. The best hotel to stay in Munnar is the KTDC Tea County Resort. Though a little expensive, it is worth it because of its location and accessibility.

3.) Thekkady

This area in God’s own Country is also known as Periyar and sometimes called Kumily too. This place is famous for its wildlife sanctuary. The Tiger Periyar Reserve is located here.

4.) Kumarakom

Kerala is famous for its backwaters. Popular places like Kumarakom and Alleppey are the main reason why tourists flock to God’s own Country. I did not get a chance to stay in Alleppey as I chose Kumarakom. This sleepy little village is thriving with luxurious resorts, five star hotels and houseboats. The idea behind visiting this place is to enjoy a relaxed luxurious vacation with no sense of time.d Lake is the main reason why people tourists flock to Kumarakom.

5.) Kollam

During our repeated visits to God’s own Country we also happened to stay in Kollam which is a famous sea port on the Laccadive sea cost of Kerala. Kollam city is situated on the banks of Ashtamudi lake. This lake is also very famous for its backwaters and houseboat cruises.

6.) Kovalam:

No trip to Kerala is complete without visiting the beaches of God’s own Country. The beaches of Kovalam and Varkala are famous in Kerala although they will pale in comparison with the never ending beaches of Goa. Kovalam is more popular amongst tourists. You will see a row of hotels, ayurvedic salons and eateries lined along the beach front.

7.) Varkala:

It is essentially a back-packer’s paradise and a hippy haven in God’s own Country. Papanasm is the name of the beach in Varkala. Papanasm means washing away your sins. So essentially of you want to do away with all the evil in your life, go take a dip in the sea around Varkala beach ;-).

8.) Trivandrum:

Trivandrum serves as a major tourist center because of its proximity to the beaches of Kovalam and Varkala and the backwaters of Poovar. This city in God’s own Country ranks among the best cities to stay in India. I did not stay in Trivandrum during my trip to Kerala but I took a day tour of the city from Kovalam before boarding my flight in the evening.

I have a lot of information to share out of my own experiences of my own experiences of visiting Kerala. So I have written an exhaustive article of 4000 words on Kerala which should be useful in planning your trip. This is the link to my article:

www.blogmyspace.com/kerala-gods-own-country/

Do let me know what you think about this article and feel free to ask any questions. If you like my article, I will appreciate if you could post your valuable comment in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to this, if you want a detailed list of what to do & explore in Munnar, here you go:
Some of the most popular tourist spots in Munnar are:
Eravikulam
Devikulam
Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary
Mattupetty & Echo Point

Also, this place is also a favorite destination for adventure lovers! Here you can explore more than 150 exotic species of birds or indulge in Trekking to catch a glimpse of the beautiful view at the top. You can also explore the scenic beauty of the surrounding while indulging in Nature & Plantation walks. Also, don;t forget to visit the famous tea plantations in Munnar. Since, on our trip to Munnar we had stayed at Munnar resort in Kerala, we got a chance to stay amidst the tea plantations! It was really a unique & fun filled holiday!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina