• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Two weeks in Brittany - Carnac and Morlaix

Pauline

Forums Admin
We leave in a week for our Brittany trip. We drive to Plymouth, overnight ferry to Roscoff. Then 3 hour drive to the Carnac area where we spend a week in La Trinite sul Mer. We are meeting up for 3 of those nights with a friend from Portland (Dana), which will be fun. The last time we saw her was when we met in Uzes a few years ago.

I booked a small house in La Trinite sul Mer through Airbnb.

The main thing I want to see in La Trinite is the Carnac stones. I read that the tourist office gives you a map of a 3 mile walk to explore the stone alignments. We will do that and then hunt out other standing stones, alignments and dolmens. From what I read there are a lot in this area. The other thing we will do is some walking on the coast path. Maybe take a ferry out to one of the islands. Anyone have other suggestions?

After that we drive back towards Roscoff and spend 6 nights in Morlaix (6 nights instead of 7 because of the ferry schedule - we can get an earlier ferry that arrives at 8pm, so are driving home in daylight mostly).

I will reread some of @Eleanor 's trip reports for Brittany - lots of good information there. I thought from Morlaix we would explore the coast and do some walking. Other suggestions for this area?

We also have the arrival day when we drive from Roscoff to La Trinite. I am not sure where we will stop along the way. And the day we drive from La Trinite to Morlaix. We will stop somewhere along the way. Where?

Reactions: Amy
Where to stop on the drive from Roscoff to La Trinite, our arrival day, has been solved. They offered an early checkin to the vacation rental so we will drive straight there.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina