• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Umbria Umbrian Countryside Villa with Pool

DDTraveler

10+ Posts
This beautiful villa is located in the little town of Piana, near Castiglione del Lago: https://www.vrbo.com/1403458ha. Upstairs the villa has three large bedrooms, one with an ensuite bath, another full bathroom, large kitchen and comfortable living room. Downstairs the villa has an extra room with fully stocked kitchenette, washer, bathroom and sitting area. We were a group of six -- my husband and I, an adult friend and three teenagers -- and we were very comfortable at Villa Palareto. The villa is very family friendly -- even for families with small children as they have extra cots and a crib, and a gate at the top of the stairs if needed.

While the villa itself is quite lovely and fully equipped, the pool and the grounds are extraordinary. The owners have established a beautiful oasis of lush plants and flowers surrounded by cypress and other trees. The pool is dazzling and a welcome relief on hot days. There is a lovely area covered with a pergola for meals al fresco.

Although the villa is located in the beautiful and peaceful Umbrian countryside, it is only about 20 minutes off the regional highway, and is well-situated to visit many of the small hilltowns of Tuscany and Umbria -- in fact, you can see Cortona from the property. The little town of Piana has both a grocery store and a butcher (who makes porchetta on Thursdays!), and earlier this month there was a three-day festa just down the road. We easily visited Cortona, Perugia, Assisi, Montepulciano, Castiglione del Lago, and Siena during our week at Villa Palareto.

The owners have taken great care to create a wonderful holiday rental. I especially appreciated the small touches -- screens on the windows, hooks in the bathrooms and closet and drawer space, a fully equipped kitchen, extra cutlery and dishes downstairs for use by the pool, a new washer, wifi and a satellite TV, to name a few. The owners also arranged for a local woman to prepare a meal for us one evening -- so much delicious food!

We can't wait to return to Villa Palareto, perhaps next year when I retire! I can't recommend this villa highly enough. It was a magical time in Umbria.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina