• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Valencia Tourist Card

Madelaine

Hello everyone! :)
I'm planning a 5 day trip to Valencia at the end of August. Now trying to organise myself.
Did someone use Valencia Tousist Card? Is it worth buying?
I love trying local food and going to musems and art galeries.
Also, I will get there with my own car. I'm wondering whether it won't be easier just to leave it somewhere outside of the city center and to go around on foot or by public transport.
Do you have any advice for me?

Hello Madelaine:
I hope Kate will chime in. She was in Valencia recently.
We picked up our car at the central rail station. Driving out was easy, well-marked streets. If you plan on parking outside the centre, the airport has long-term parking and there is a metro directly to city centre. We walked the city centre with ease and down the park to the City of Arts and Sciences. Public transportation is good.
Have not used the Valencia card.
We enjoyed:
1. Museu de Belles Arts. Comprehensive collection from medieval to 19th century. Sorolla section particularly worthwhile. The one museum/gallery I would not miss. The Jardins del Reial right outside is restful.
2. Toy Soldier Museum. At least I liked it; Margaret not so much. Well-executed dioramas.
3. Prehistory Museum
4. Fallas Museum, near the City of Arts and Sciences. Interesting overview of Valencia's premier festival. worth a visit if in the neighbourhood.
5. Every Thursday at noon in the Plaza de la Virgen the Water Tribunal meets. An interesting ceremony originating in antiquity to settle water rights disputes, now mostly a tourist attraction.

Hmmm... The list that Dennis has proposed looks really good.
I would strongly recommend you to visit Turia Gardens and if you feel like seeing something more than just the city then you should definitely go to the Albufera natural park. It's amazing and they say you can eat the best paella there. When it comes to me, I have eaten the best paella of my life at the Escuela de Arroces y Paella Valenciana. It's in the city centre. I'm getting hungry only thinking about it! And they have amazing wine too.
I've never used the Tourist Card as I moved to Valencia so I had more time to visit it... ;) But one day with my friends, we organised a Segway tour around Valencia {link removed} so that we could visit the most important places of the city with a local guide. A fun way to learn a bit of its history. And the ride finished with a flamenco concert. Well, ok, flamenco is not from this region but still it was an amazing experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina