• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Value of miles and points

I feel like there should be more emphasis that some airline miles are near impossible to use unless you book an award flight incredibly far in advance. I'd had a heck of a time trying to redeem my AA miles to Europe this year.

I feel like there should be more emphasis that some airline miles are near impossible to use unless you book an award flight incredibly far in advance. I'd had a heck of a time trying to redeem my AA miles to Europe this year.
I do book really far in advance but American wants to have me change in London or Madrid to get to Paris unless I use Any time miles which are WAY more. They will let me go nonstop on coach but not business. Very annoying.

Yes, American is changing to "dynamic award pricing" on SAAver awards: where it used to be that, if there was a SAAver award available between the U.S. and Europe, it was 30,000 miles each way in the Main Cabin; now it can be a varying amount. We're booked another way to Rome in September; I've just looked at how it would be for an American award for those dates. For the outbound, one can go for 30K; the return anytime around our date is 57.5K. I'm seeing 30K from Bologna, which I might consider in the future for a main destination in Umbria, and which people might consider with a train to Rome or especially Florence.

I also see advice that, which searching for awards on American, it's better to search each direction as a one-way and select "Advanced/Multi-city Search," giving the old interface, and sometimes lower-mileage awards show up.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina