• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Vatican Early Morning with Breakfast?

HarveyK

10+ Posts
Has anyone done this? It says on the website that you can enter at 7:15 for 68€ or at 8:15 for 38€. But you're shown to the courtyard for a buffet breakfast. Can you enter and see the museum before the crowds gush in at 9?
Last time I was there, 3 years ago, it was wall to wall people and you couldn't turn without stepping on someone's foot. I found out what sheep must feel like when they're herded through the pens.
www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/visita-i-musei/scegli-la-visita/musei-e-collezioni/colazione-ai-musei-vaticani/ingresso-ai-musei---colazione.html

Did the breakfast several years ago when there was only one time for it (think it was between 7:30 and 8:00), and there was time for a nice breakfast in the pine cone courtyard and early entry definitely before any crowds. I don’t know the significance of two time slots being offered, but I highly recommend this route to beating the crowds. Btw, as we left the courtyard breakfast we declined the option of signing out headphones for an included audio tour to scurry in as quickly as possible.

Thanks, Allen. That's what I was hoping for. It's not clear on the website whether you get early admission to the museum, but your answer clarified that. We'll probably book the 7:15, as there's more time to see the museum before the crowds enter.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina