• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venice Venice, 2 BR, 1 B (sleeps 3)

Amy

100+ Posts
https://www.vrbo.com/6612402ha

This apartment is in Cannaregio on Fondamente Nove. We found it to be an excellent location, especially convenient for the Alilaguna boat from/to the airport, and just one bridge from the F.ta Nove Vaporetto stops. It is about a 5-10 minute walk towards the Grand Canal and Ca d'Oro stop. Lots of shopping, restaurants, and bars in the area.

The apartment is up just one flight of stairs, and best of all, has living room windows which give a direct view onto the Lagoon. Windows have excellent soundproofing, we didn't hear any noise at all from boat traffic or people. The living room has a modern leather sofa and vintage loveseat (made more for perching than lounging) , tv, and small upholstered chair. It is spare and reasonably comfortable. The large recently installed kitchen is well equipped for cooking, although there is no oven or toaster. Plenty of cookware, large table and four chairs, four burner cooktop, microwave and dishwasher.

The main bedroom has a bed with very firm mattress, bedside lamps, attractive old bureau, and a modern cabinet with plenty of drawer and hanger space. The smaller bedroom has a single bed and a storage closet/cabinet. Bathroom is newer marble tile and fixtures, with large walk-in shower, and sink area with plenty of room for belongings.

This is perhaps the cleanest apartment we've ever rented, and the owner obviously is detail-oriented and meticulous. She will carefully go over the necessities with you like how and when to dispose of garbage, and she has a house book with lots of local information on shopping, eating, and getting around. She also rents a smaller apartment across the hall, and she lives upstairs so is available if needed.

I'd stay there again, and would recommend it.
2017-05-11 07.48.12.jpg
2017-05-12 14.39.55.jpg

I'm so glad you liked it.
For other readers:
My husband and I have stayed in the smaller one bedroom apt. across the hall. It is smaller in general, especially the kitchen but I've cooked full meals in it many times.
What we love about Elisa's apartments is that everything works so well--from the hot water to the closet space, the wi fi, the climate control (heat or AC). Communications with Elisa are a breeze and she now rents directly at
pietroluka@gmail.com.

Hi Amy and Jan....I'm thinking of 3 or 4 nights in Venice at the end of May 2018. I would be flying back to Boston from Venice...is it a hassle to get to the boat that takes you to the airport (Aliaguna???). This 2 BR or the 1BR could be perfetto (not sure if I'll room with someone).

Grazie.

I'm so glad you liked it.
For other readers:
My husband and I have stayed in the smaller one bedroom apt. across the hall. It is smaller in general, especially the kitchen but I've cooked full meals in it many times.
What we love about Elisa's apartments is that everything works so well--from the hot water to the closet space, the wi fi, the climate control (heat or AC). Communications with Elisa are a breeze and she now rents directly at
pietroluka@gmail.com.
Jan, can you link to her one bedroom please? I can't seem to find it. Grazie!

First: here's the link to the 1 bedroom:
https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p6612399

Second--try booking with Elisa directly through pietroluka@gail.com. She is very easy to work with. For sure say that you are a friend of Amy's and mine.

Third--(best for last!) Ken and I will be there from May 10 til June 7.
PLEASE come and stay across the hall.

It is very easy to go from there to the airport because the Alilaguna boats leave from right in front of the building.

I have recently been in touch with Elisa and she says she is already getting requests for next spring, so if you are serious, I would book it soon.

Very exciting!!!!

OMG! that would be great!! my plans are not for sure...but I wonder, does she need a deposit right away??? I'd love to reserve it at least....

**darn, I just checked and the dates I want are booked already** looks like someone is staying for a long time like you and Ken...or maybe I'm looking at the apartment you have reserved?? Do you have the 1 BR or the 2BR? :)

I would want May 28-June1

Mindy

Last edited:
Amy / Jan - Do they have space to store luggage if your flight into Venice arrives earlier in the day before check in time?

Gail, there's a gated/locked entry area where I'll bet Elisa would be happy to store your things if the apartment isn't ready yet. and I suspect there's also a storeroom on that ground level. There are only four apartments in the building, and she lives in one of them.

Wow, amazing that May is already booked. We're talking about going back for the next Biennial, will have to book way ahead of time I fear!

Reactions: jan

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina