• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Venice Suggestions for May 12/13, 2019

I've not seen any posts from her on Sloweurope, but Nan McElroy (did post on slowtrav) expat US, lives in Venice and has a lot of things going on that she does. Her Blog/website is Living Venice . There is lots of practical info on visiting Venice.
I took my wife to one of her wine tastings for her birthday. Had a great time. We ended up spending several days with her visiting wineries in the Veneto.
Hi Mark, Thanks so very much, I've got her link saved and will read it and might have to get in touch with
her if she's not already booked or Busy.

It was very interesting seeing about RowVenice, My Wife had a Lady telling her about this and
she and Her 10yr old Son did this and she was it was a wonderful experience and he still talks
about when they go back he'd like to do it again. We both said almost at the same time, WOW what a great experience and learning to Travel that Young !!!

Thanks so much again, Appreciate it

Take care,

Craig

I just returned from Venice and was there with another Slow Traveler, Mindy, who arranged a cicchetti tour for us. I don't have the contact info, but she may be reading this thread.

Like tapas, you go to several bars for glasses of wine to go with your small bites. So, that's a great way to wander (guided) through the narrow streets for a few hours and eat/drink well. It's a different experience from a sit down by yourself. The group was seven, and five of us were together.

I just returned from Venice and was there with another Slow Traveler, Mindy, who arranged a cicchetti tour for us. I don't have the contact info, but she may be reading this thread.

Like tapas, you go to several bars for glasses of wine to go with your small bites. So, that's a great way to wander (guided) through the narrow streets for a few hours and eat/drink well. It's a different experience from a sit down by yourself. The group was seven, and five of us were together.

Hi Cameron, Thanks so much for your reply and info. We're slowly putting together our time there in
Venice. Unfortunately being on the ship well only have from 3pm Sunday till 5pm Monday. but at least that will give us a small taste and so "next" time we'll be more informed.

The small bites sounds like a wonderful idea and will look into that.

Thanks again for your help, Take Care,

Craig

If a cichetti tour is not in your plans, we enjoyed Cantine del Vino Gia Schiavi , it Is a great tavern with excellent wines and cichetti. You can drink Prosecco from a plastic cup outside along the canal. Fondamenta Nani, 992, 30123 Dorsoduro,
It is a few steps from the Zattare, a wide boulevard along the canal across from Giuadecca. There are a number of cafes and pizza places where you dine right on the canal al fresco.

If a cichetti tour is not in your plans, we enjoyed Cantine del Vino Gia Schiavi , it Is a great tavern with excellent wines and cichetti. You can drink Prosecco from a plastic cup outside along the canal. Fondamenta Nani, 992, 30123 Dorsoduro,
It is a few steps from the Zattare, a wide boulevard along the canal across from Giuadecca. There are a number of cafes and pizza places where you dine right on the canal al fresco.

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much, That sounds really good, I can already see the choices are going to be so tough
for just such a short time there. I've added it to the list, it sure made my mouth water looking at the restaurant !!!

Thanks and Take Care,

Craig

Also the tavern is just across the canal from Squero di San Trovaso, the gondala boat building yard

Also the tavern is just across the canal from Squero di San Trovaso, the gondala boat building yard
Hi Mark,

Thanks very much that looks like a great place as well, So many wonderful places too little time !!!

Take Care,

Craig

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina