• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Weather in Tuscany in November?

Pauline

Forums Admin
We have been in Tuscany in October but never as late as November. Is it usually wet then?

We asked Nico from Sant'Antonio about winter weather and he said snow comes later, like January and February.

there's no telling when the rain will start - when Venice floods in July like it did this year, you know there's just no way to predict the weather anymore! November is when we picked olives with our friends, and most times it was cool and crisp, but definitely no snow. No promises about rain.

We spent the first week of November in Florence in 2010. We had started our time there in the second week of October. What I remember the most about the weather was that it was generally pleasant throughout our stay, but that the weather grew progressively cooler, especially during the evenings and nights. We needed the heat on in our apartment at night the last ten days or so. It was no wetter in November than it was in October that year. But, the best thing about being in Italy during November? The new olive oil has been pressed and it is in all the restaurants. What a wonderful treat!!

Pauline, keep in mind that the Florence flood happened on Nov. 4, 1966 -- November is one of the rainiest months I can recall there. I've been there a couple times in November, once early and another time late in the month. I remember it being rainy during both of those times, and particularly in the last week of November. Oh, and maybe this was a freak situation, but there were actually ice crystals on the leaves one morning.

Probably not Tuscany in November, but what about Puglia? We've had lovely weather there in late Oct, but never been in Nov - wunderground.com would tell you more, of course. (And more veggie-friendly than Tuscany!)

And don't forget Rome! There is always the threat of rain but it should be quite pleasant, no threat of snow and no need for boots! Right now, the weather is still up in the high 20s during the day which still thrills me as a Canadian!

Pauline, we have ended many of our trips by being in Italy at the beginning of November, and the temps seem to be quite a bit cooler than in Oct.. We definitely wear extra layers and have a warm coat with us and turn the heat on

We ended up not going back to Italy last fall. We had very good weather in England, so stayed here. Next November though, I am going to think of somewhere to go.

Hi, an embarrassing moment...I posted my response, then later realized your question was from last year. Oops, but my answer still stands :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina