• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Where to eat in Paris 6th

Bugatti

My wife and I will be in the Odeon precinct in early July, 2023. We are looking for café/restaurant recommendations we can reach on foot while we are there. We generally avoid expensive options and prefer reasonably priced.

"Expensive" and "reasonably priced" are relative terms, so you may get a wide range of recommendations. My wife and I had a lovely dinner at Vagenende last spring. It's almost directly across St. Germain Blvd. from the Odean stop. Their carte lists prices. https://www.vagenende.com/

Thankyou JMichael. The decor looks very elegant and the reviews are all very positive. I think that up to 60 euros pp is my idea of reasonable. We will eat there for sure.

- Le Bon Saint Pourçain. 10bis Rue Servandoni. More refined bistro.
- Au Pied de Fouet. 45 Rue de Babylone. Inexpensive classic bistro. Not in the 6th but in very nearby 7th, next door to an astounding monument, the Pagode movie theater. There is actually a branch of the same restaurant in the he 6th but with less good food and less good vibes.
Both are in low-key locations with more of the old Left Bank feel. Otherwise, today the Right Bank is what visitors imagine the Left Bank to be.

You will have a great time.
Bear in mind Paris is very walkable.
If the 6th is where you are staying, the 5th, the 7th, and right acoss the river are all areas that are just a lovely walk away. For example, from the Deux Magos café to the Louvre, it is an 11-minute walk way.
To the Pantheon in the 5th, it's 19 minutes away, according to Google Map.
Sorriest I mentioned the Deux Magots. It has become a real tourist dump. Two nice St Germain cafés are : La Palette, 43 Rue de Seine, and Café de la Mairie on place St Sulpice.
On rugby match day, rue Guisarde is great fun. In its own right the street is full of interesting boutiques and cafés. Chez Fernand is a fun bistro for locals.
La Pie Noire, on the 5th near the Pantheon, has good food and is in Hemingway epicenter.
Please report back.

Thanks so much Parigi. We will be sure to sample as many of your suggestions as we can. I will let you know our thoughts.

Two places in the 6th I can recommend from our recent trip.
Garcon ( yes, dumb name), 83 Rue du Cherche-Midi. We stumbled into this place after finding that an older favorite on the street had closed. We were lucky to get the last table, as they were full of French-speaking regulars who mostly seemed known to the staff. They have a nice daily lunch formula. The food was very tasty, I’d definitely return when in the neighborhood. I’d get there right at 12, or reserve. ( in photo, a fresh pea soup and chorizo starter)
2D9612A6-9182-4D26-9358-EEAE9E12EF8A.jpeg

Semilla. 54 rue de Seine. More upscale, and with a mix of businesspeople and tourists. Pleasant but not stuffy atmosphere, sweet staff.
We went for lunch. They have several menu options— a tasting menu, 3 course, or a la carte.. We took the three course, and it was delightful.
( in photo, I started with this delicious pea agnolotti, with peas, faves, fresh ricotta, and mint oil.) .I’d return for the tasting menu for a special occasion. Must reserve.

29FEB874-44F1-4CB0-AB69-E5FA054F6841.jpeg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina