• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Information Wildside Holidays - Spain

Clive Muir

10+ Posts
Hello all....

My name is Clive Muir and I live in a place called the Sierrra de Grazalema, Andalucia, Spain. For many years I have dedicated my life to environmentally concious walking and wildlife holidays here in the Natural Parks of southern Spain. I am self taught in various wildlife subjects as well as photography, writing and web publishing. Over the past (covid) year or so I have concentrated on developing something that I call the Wildside Holidays Project.

You can read more about me and the project on this page at the Wildside Holidays website

The worldwide outbreak of COVID-19 has brought the world to a virtual standstill, and tourism has been the worst affected of all major economic sectors. Against a backdrop of heightened uncertainty, up-to-date and reliable information is more important than ever, both for tourists and for the tourism sector.

Sustainable rural and wildlife tourism in Spain is a major key to wildlife and habitat protection. There are many studies showing how wildlife tourism can impact local economies, habitats and the wildlife it contains in a very positive way.

The Wildside Holidays Website

The tag line for the project is "Take a trip on the Wildside! Discover the wildlife and nature of Spain, its Natural and National Parks and find the top wildlife, activity and walking holiday companies in Spain".

The purpose of the project is to provide a one stop up to date and current website information resource where a person can find out about the wildlife, natural parks, and people working in these areas offering sustainable walking and wildlife holidays that support local wildlife and communities. To date I have all the natural and national park information pages published and the site is divided by category of region. An example is the Andalucia page here: https://wildsideholidays.co.uk/natural-and-national-parks-in-andalucia/

The general information pages for wildlife species in Spain is an ongoing project for the foreseeable future and I am at present researching, writing and publishing around 10 articles per week split between the categories that you can see at the top of the website.

There are over 25 walking and wildlife business being promoted from the website and each one works in the area where they live. It is very important to me that the walking or wildlife guide is resident and local thus impacting the local community in an even more positive way. Also, local guides have more knowledge about the territory where they live and can provide a better service to their guests.

It is important to note that the website charges nothing to either the business with the promotional page or the site visitor looking for information. This is an entirely free service to both parties.

Have a look.... https://wildsideholidays.co.uk/

Hello everbody! Paulines newsletter nudged me to say hi!!!!! :)

Well. Finally last week Spain removed the remaining covid travel rules for entering Spain.... Can we now put all this behind us I wonder?

Pretty good news this month in that the Wildside Holidays website has won for the category "Walking Tours of the Year - Spain" in the 2022/23 Corporate live wire Prestige Web Awards. Its nice to be recognised for sustainability and our efforts to promote environmentally walking and wildlife holidays across Spain. We get a banner for the website but most importantly a bit of press coverage and links from the relevant websites which is always good for more site traffic.

Recently we created a YouTube channel for Wildside Holidays as there seem to be so many people that have some fantastic nature videos. The idea is to create a catalogue of wildlife, scenery and cultural clips organized into categories such as bugs and beasties, birds, mammals, reptiles, views etc

Wildside Holidays continues to grow. Last month the homepage reached 30.000 search impressions and over 3000 clicks. When we include all of the dedicated wildlife and natural park pages we have almost reached 100,000 impressions and 10,000 clicks over the last 28 days. Content is king on the internet, it always has been and it always will be, meaning that the quality content published on Wildside Holidays is reflected in these impressive search stats.

Anyway, fantastic to see Slow Europe on the up and up as well! Happy travelling everbody! :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina