• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Winter Weather

Pauline

Forums Admin
Last winter in southern England was unusually mild with not much rain, but this winter we are back into familiar patterns of winter storms. We just got through Storm Derek, which turned our footpaths into streams. And tonight Storm Eleanor hits.

At least we are past the shortest day of the year!

How is the weather where you live?

Summer here in southern Australia only 20C (68F) today, but expected to be 40C (104F) on Saturday.
So far the summer has been very mild but it usually heats up by the end of the month when school goes back.
We live at the beach but it’s not good beach weather. This morning it’s raining!
Not good when the grandchildren are visiting.

I was standing on the trolley platform yesterday morning, it was 6F, with windchill of -14F. And they're predicting perhaps a foot of snow to blow down on us tomorrow. I am waiting for the Canadians to mock me for whining. :garlicman:

At least we were able to do some fun experiments, like turning a soap bubble into ice! And using my screened porch for chilling prosecco for our New years Day party. Oh, and I put all my handknits and stash yarn there for a few days to get rid of any potentially lurking wool moths.

We had a white Christmas here in Vancouver....if you count 3 or 4 flakes of snow falling in the morning!!
It has been cold though, around 0 Centigrade.
We normally have more rain in winter than anything else.
I want the cold, as it hopefully kills the viruses going around.
As a West Coaster, Amy: I would never mock you, as I know you get terrible winters in the North East!
Stay warm and healthy, everyone.

It was -7 this morning here in the mountains of Colorado. Brrr!!! We did get a couple of feet of snow a couple of days before Christmas, but that has pretty much been it for snow here so far. The slopes are rocks and ice. We need snow badly! We'll take your snow, Amy! :penguin:

The sun tried coming out late this morning, but didn't last long. It is cold out there today, breezy.

fullsizeoutput_2efa.jpeg

Freezing here in Maryland. This morning we woke up to 3F, and it warmed up to 13F. Wind chills are registering negative numbers. Monday through Wednesday we are supposed to have temps in the 30s and 40s.Yay!
Our family in Vermont has an overnight temp of -13F tonight

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina