• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

working holiday/travel help

Luke_S

Hi
I am heading off on an open ended working holiday next year around europe and i just wanted to find out a bit of info on some stuff.

First off, If i am to get a legitimate paid job like at a bar or something how does getting paid for this usually work? Can i be paid into and australian bank account or would i need some kind of euro bank account?

Secondly, whats the go with travel insurance for extended periods? I dont have a return date in mind so is there some sort of ope ended travel insurance i can get or something like that?

If anyone has any other travel or working info and tips it would be awesome to here from you.
Thanks

Thank you. I have a british passport so that should cover me for working rather than a working visa right?

Yeah i have, as far as i have read so far nothing has changed. So fingers crossed its all good.

Assuming there isn't a no-deal Brexit (an increasingly dangerous assumption), there'll still be a transition period next year, with the same conditions as now, so you will be fine to work in any of the EU 28 with a British passport. Otherwise, well, you can always pick strawberries in the UK, there will be plenty of vacancies :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina