• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

You can use your Netflix account in other countries but some content is different

Pauline

Forums Admin
Netflix content varies by country. We have a UK Netflix account and were watching Designated Survivor (DS) in the UK. In France the vacation rental we are in has Apple TV and a Netflix account. But they only have the intro for DS; no episodes are listed. So I ran Netfix on my iPad, turned on the VPN to make it look like we were in the UK, logged in to our UK account, and could see the episodes. When I tried to play one it gave a message saying it could not play in this location.

Netflix now checks to see if you are running a VPN! I googled and there are some VPNs that still work, but I don't want to go to that much trouble for DS.

So, you can log in to your Netfix account in other countries but you are restricted to the content allowed for that country. You may not even run into this because a lot of content is the same. We watched Black Mirror. I checked and Narcos plays here (we watched that series recently in Switzerland).

We started Outlanders here! How strange that it is so different country to country.

I brought my Google Chromecast, or whatever they are calling it now, but it only works with certain apps. It works with Netfix but not with my SKY account. And when I cast Netflix it was too slow to watch (yet it works fine at home), but when we streamed Netfix with the Apple TV provided here it was fine.

With the VPNs and who checks for them and who doesn't and what you can stream where, it has all gotten too complicated. Surely this will change soon?

Thanks for posting this. I have never tried to stream via Netflix while in Europe. We're planning on six weeks in Barcelona this winter and this will come in handy!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina