• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

3 slow weeks in Ireland

Deidre

Hello! My husband and I are planning 3 weeks in Ireland at the end of July/first week of August. We went on a whirlwind Rick Steves 8 day tour a few years ago. It was wonderful-hit all the must see places, but I went home feeling like I just hadn't seen enough. I think I mean experienced enough immersion. Anyway, we are going back and would like help in figuring out how to base ourselves for a slower trip. We'll be flying into Dublin and will rent a car. We aren't especially "goal" oriented but the wish list is visiting Toomevara, Tipperary (home of my ancestors), as much traditional music as humanly possible, and a few cider mills. I know the last is a bit obscure but my husband fell in love with Irish cider and so the quest. We chose places we were interested in ourselves and it spanned the map from Belfast that Dingle-not especially conducive to slow traveling-or is it??? Help! Three home bases would be ideal but any suggestions will be appreciated!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina