• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

40th Anniversary of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on BBC Radio 4

Pauline

Forums Admin
One of my favorite things ever is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It started in 1978 as a BBC Radio 4 series. I remember listening to it on CBC in Vancouver, Canada in the early 80s. I bought the whole show on tape cassette and still have a digital copy of it. In 1981 the BBC did a TV adaptation which was not as good, and a disappointing movie followed in 2005 (we were in England when it was released and I remember seeing it in Salisbury). Somewhere in there Douglas Adams turned the radio play into a series of books - a trilogy consisting of 4 books because who says a trilogy has to be 3? I read all of them. Douglas Adams died young in 2001 and I often wonder what he would be writing if he were alive today.

The BBC has a new series of Hitchhiker's for the 40th-anniversary. It starts on BBC Radio 4 on 8 March. It has the same characters but is based some things that Adams wrote but were not published.

The Guardian - Don't panic! The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is back
It’s the biggest thing to happen to the universe since the Vogons blew up Earth. Our writer grabs a babelfish and goes behind the scenes as the space satire returns

DON'T PANIC!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina